This Spider egg Halloween decoration is a spider craft that kids and adults can make.
Children and adults will love this creepy spider egg sac DIY Halloween craft and decoration. You can even make giant homemade spider webs to go with them to create homemade Halloween porch decor!
Decorate your Halloween party with spider eggs hanging from the ceiling, or hang them outside on the front porch to surprise trick-or-treaters on Halloween night. Please scroll down to find all of the spooktacular DIY details to make this creepy Halloween spider craft and the Halloween decorations to go with it.
Related: Giant Stick Spiderweb Halloween Decoration
Related: Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting Art Project for Kids
Spider Egg Halloween Crafts for Kids and Adults
This spider egg sac craft is fun to make with the kids for Halloween! Make some spider eggs to decorate the classroom for school Halloween parties or your house on Halloween night. Your party guests and trick-or-treaters are sure to love them!
Related: Tissue Paper Ghost Halloween Craft and Decoration
Spider Egg Sac DIY Halloween Decoration Supplies
- White yarn
- Water balloons or balloons
- White glue
- Mixing bowl
- Monofilament line (fishing string)
- Small plastic spiders or spider rings
Related: Jack o’Lantern Glowing Halloween Pumpkin Sensory Bottle
How to Make a Spider Egg Sac Halloween Decoration: Step-by-Step Tutorial
Read through these step-by-step directions before making spider egg sac DIY Halloween decorations.
Step 1 – Blow up water balloons to make spider eggs.
- Grab some water balloons or balloons and blow a few up to get started on this fun Halloween spider craft.
Step 2 – Mix white glue with water in equal parts.
- Use equal parts of white glue and water; mix them to make a watered-down glue solution for the yarn.
Step 3 – Add white yarn to the glue solution.
Carefully place the white yarn into the glue solution to soak. Make sure you leave an end of the yarn on the side of the bowl so you can find it to make spider egg sacs.
Step 4 – Wrap balloons with yarn.
Next, wrap each balloon with white yarn to make spider eggs. Please do your best to wind the yarn and wrap it around and around in several directions to create a spider egg.
Step 5 – Allow Spider Egg Halloween Decoration to Dry.
Tie a dry piece of yarn around the knot on the balloon and hang it to dry for at least 24 hours. The yarn will be hard when it’s dry.
Step 6 – Pop balloons and remove them from the spider egg craft.
- Use a needle, a pair of scissors, or a sharp knife to pop the balloon inside each spider egg and gently remove it from the inside of the spider craft. Work carefully so your spider egg sac does not collapse.
Step 7 – Tie a section of monofilament line or fishing string to the spider egg sac Halloween craft.
- Cut off a section of monofilament line about 12 to 36 inches long, depending on where you plan to hang your Halloween decoration.
Step 8 – Hang spider egg sac decoration.
- Decorate your home or school with these fun spooky spider eggs for Halloween parties and trick-or-treaters on Halloween night!
Step 9 – Decorate Egg Sacs with plastic spiders.
- Have fun adding plastic spiders to your egg sacs to decorate them. Children love to help decorate for Halloween!
Related: Halloween Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Spider Egg Craft Photo Tutorial
It became a challenge to take pictures when my daughter and I made spider egg sacs because the glue was all over our hands! However, in the spider egg sac photo tutorial, we did our best to show how to wrap each balloon with yarn.
In my daughter’s excitement to pop the balloons once our spider eggs were dry, she forgot to allow mommy to take pictures of them when they were hanging to dry–doh!! Not to worry, all you need to do is tie a piece of yarn to the balloon’s knot and hang the spider egg craft to dry for about 24 hours.
Related: Glowing Ghost Halloween Sensory Bottle
Spider Egg Halloween Decoration Kids Can Make
My daughter and I had a lovely time making this spider egg Halloween craft together. We hope you enjoy making some creepy spider eggs for Halloween as much as we do!
We like to hang our spider egg decorations as Halloween porch decor near this giant stick spider web Halloween decoration! Click on the link to learn how easy it is to make your own.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Fun Halloween Ideas
If you are looking for pumpkin carving ideas and no-carve pumpkin decorating ideas, look at pumpkin patch family field trips and fall nature crafts. In addition, we have listed some great ideas for Halloween in both posts.
- Healthy Halloween Handouts and Non-Candy Alternatives
- Cute and Creepy Halloween Art Projects
- Ghost Crafts and Halloween Decoration
- Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting for Kids
- Glowing Ghost Sensory Bottle
- Jack o’ Lantern Glowing Sensory Bottle
- Gorgeous Glowing Halloween Lanterns
- Halloween Porch Decor (photo below)
Leave a Comment