Here are a bunch of easy pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft ideas you can use to make bunny crafts for Easter, as a part of your spring celebrations, or just for fun any time of year.
Here’s a cute pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft idea for kids and adults–that doesn’t require glue or any other adhesives–and only takes minutes to make! Use the step-by-step pipe cleaner bunny craft instructions below to learn how to make wooden bead bunny crafts for the spring equinox, Easter, (or any other time of year) at home or in the classroom.
Once finished, these bead bunny crafts look lovely adorning spring nature tables, sitting in Easter Baskets, as bunny ornaments hanging on an Easter tree, and are a fun surprise to find inside an egg (instead of a piece of chocolate) on an Easter egg hunt. My daughter likes to use her bead bunnies as open-ended toys on her adventures in pretend or dramatic play deep within the reaches of her imagination.
Bead bunnies look adorable with both colored wooden beads and unfinished wooden beads. So we decided to provide several homemade wooden bead bunny craft examples in the photographs below (made with different colors of beads and pipe cleaners), to make it easy to choose the type of pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft idea you would like to make. Scroll down to see them all! You might also enjoy this list of fun spring activities for kids and adults.
Pipe Cleaner and Wooden Bead Bunny Crafts
Both kids and adults love to make pipe cleaner crafts, so we decided to create a how-to tutorial that gives step-by-step directions to make a pipe cleaner bunny craft with colored or unfinished wooden beads using a super simple technique that my daughter and I invented–no glue required!
So whether you are looking for a bunny craft to make to celebrate the spring, pipe cleaner Easter crafts, or fun pipe cleaner crafts for kids to make that can help them develop their creativity, imagination, fine motor skills, and more. These bunny crafts made with pipe cleaners and wooden beads are a hit with children and adults every time! You might also enjoy learning how to use the same beads to make beaded bracelets or necklaces.
How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Bunny with Wooden Beads
DIY pipe cleaner and bead bunnies are easy bunny crafts for kids (preschool age and up) and adults. These simple bunny crafts are so easy to make that you don’t even need glue!
Of course, you can use a bit of glue to secure the bunny craft if you like, but it’s not required. It is also optional to color the wooden beads before making this pipe cleaner bunny craft.
Follow the simple step-by-step directions below to make this easy bunny craft for or with preschoolers and kids of all ages. Repeat steps as needed to make multiple wooden bead bunnies.
And if you would like to make colored wooden bead bunny crafts, hop over to learn how to color wooden beads using three different coloring methods. You might also enjoy this list of Easter art projects and painting ideas for kids.
Wooden Bead Bunny Craft Supplies
- Pipe cleaners
- Wooden beads
- Liquid watercolors, food coloring, or acrylic paint (optional–choose one to color wooden beads or leave unfinished)
Each bead and pipe cleaner bunny craft requires the following supplies:
Pipe Cleaner Bead Bunny Step-by-Step Instructions
Pipe cleaner and bead bunnies like those shown in the photograph and described here are easy bunny crafts for preschoolers, kindergarteners, elementary school-aged kids, tweens, teens, and adults that can be made at home or in the classroom.
The video tutorial shows each step described below in action, scroll down to see it, you can find it in the section below the written pipe cleaner bunny instructions. You might also enjoy making rainbow peg dolls, which are another super cute wooden DIY toy for kids.
1. Trim or cut pipe cleaners or chenille stems.
- First, use a pair of craft scissors to cut two pipe cleaners into two 8-inch sections.
- Next, cut 2 inches off one of the remaining pipe cleaner scraps, and set it aside to use in step 5.
2. Fold pipe cleaners or chenille stems in half.
- Fold both 8-inch sections of pipe cleaners or chenille stems in half.
3. Interlock both halves of the pipe cleaner together.
- Join the folded sections of pipe cleaner by interlocking them at each fold so that the open ends of the folded pipe cleaners are facing away from each other.
- The bunny craft video tutorial below shows how to do this step.
4. Thread the interlocked pipe cleaners through the wooden beads.
- Next, thread the folded and interlocked pipe cleaners through a 25mm wooden bead and a 20mm wooden bead so that the smaller 20mm wooden bead is on top.
- Ensure that the interlocked section where the two pipe cleaners meet is sitting inside the top 20mm wooden bead.
- Again, if you would like to use colored wooden beads, use our colored wooden bead tutorial.
5. Make the bead and pipe cleaner bunny tail and place it inside the bottom of the bunny.
- Thread a 12mm wooden bead onto the 2-inch section of pipe cleaner that you cut and set aside in step 1.
- Fold the 2-inch section of the chenille stem in half around the wooden bead and thread it into the bottom of the 25mm wooden bead to make the bunny tail for your wooden bead bunny craft.
- You can see how we did this step in the wooden bead bunny video tutorial below.
6. Make a pair of pipe cleaner bunny feet.
- First, fold the pipe cleaners sticking out of the bottom bead and tuck them into the bottom of the bunny craft.
- Next, fold the pipe cleaner loops up and away from the bunny tail to make the pipe cleaner bunny feet.
- Then, secure the pipe cleaner bunny feet and bunny tail with a glue gun or white glue if desired. (optional)
- Adding glue to the bunny craft to make it more secure is optional but not necessary. We did not use glue when we made our pipe cleaner bunnies, and they are holding up great!
7. Make pipe cleaner bunny ears.
- Shape the pipe cleaners sticking out of the top 20mm wooden bead into bunny ears by folding each side down and tucking them into the top of the bunny craft.
- Secure the pipe cleaner bunny ears with a glue gun or white glue if desired. Again, gluing these bunny crafts to make them more secure is optional but not necessary.
Related: How to Make an Easter Tree
Wooden Bead and Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft Video Tutorial
Click the play button to watch the pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunny craft video tutorial to see each of the DIY steps in action.
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Wooden Beads: Photo Examples
My daughter and I had so much fun together figuring out how to make pipe cleaner bunnies with wooden beads. When we design crafts like this, we call it craft engineering and find it an excellent brain-building STEAM activity, and fine-motor development skill for kids (and their caregivers).
Once we came up with this technique, we decided to make lots of bead bunnies using different types of unfinished and colored wooden beads so you could see lots of different examples of ways they can be crafted into sweet little figurines. Because we thought it would help make it easy for you to decide how YOU want to make this easy bunny craft.
Related: Wooden Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Unfinished Wooden Beads
My daughter and I made the pipe cleaner bunnies below with unfinished wooden beads. In other words–we didn’t want to color, dye, or paint the wooden beads before turning them into bead bunnies. Making bead bunnies doesn’t get any easier than this!
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft with Colored Wooden Beads
Using different kinds of colored wooden beads produces stunning effects! We made pipe cleaner bunnies with dyed wooden beads and painted wooden beads. Check out each of the photo examples below!
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Dyed Wooden Beads
Pipe cleaner bunnies made with dyed wooden beads are also really quick and easy to make. Learn how to dye wooden beads with our easy tutorial. Just click on the link!
Related: How to Color Wooden Blocks
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Crafts with Painted Wooden Beads
In the photo below, we used painted wooden beads to make the pipe cleaner bunny crafts. Learn how to paint wooden beads with our tutorial–click on the link!
Easy Bunny Crafts for Preschoolers and Kids of all Ages
This easy tutorial teaches how to make a wooden bead and pipe cleaner bunny. Easy bunny crafts for preschoolers (and kids of all ages) are fun to make for Easter and to celebrate the return of spring.
We hope you enjoy making pipe cleaner and wooden bead bunnies with your children at home or in the classroom. Once finished they look lovely adorning spring nature tables, sitting in Easter Baskets, or hanging from an Easter tree, and are fun to find hiding inside an egg (instead of a piece of chocolate) on an Easter egg hunt.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
Pipe Cleaner Crafts
Wooden Bead Crafts
- How to Color or Dye Wooden Beads
- Wooden Bead Bracelets
- How to Start and Finish a Beaded Necklace or Bracelet
DIY Toys for Kids
- Rainbow Peg Dolls
- Popsicle Stick Boat Craft
- Rainbow Colored Blocks
- Tetris Inspired Puzzle Cube DIY
- Waldorf Square Geometric Puzzle
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Puppet Craft and DIY Toy