Mother’s day gift ideas kids and adults can make. Make a personalized candle holder for mom, grandma, or nana. A handpainted homemade Mother’s day gift for her that she is sure to LOVE!
Mom will love this personalized handmade keepsake gift for Mother’s Day, and so will nana and grandma! Is there anything better than a handmade gift from your children?
Creating gorgeous stained glass hearts on votive candle holders and personalizing them for mom, nana, or grandma is a fun and easy craft for both kids and adults. You may also enjoy this list of Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make.
Related: Flower Painted Candle Holder Gift Idea
DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas
Hand painting faux stained glass hearts onto a candle holder and then personalizing it for mom is a simple homemade gift idea for Mother’s day. Anyone that can draw or trace can make this easy homemade Mother’s day gift.
Both kids and adults will enjoy personalizing a handpainted heart for mom or grandma. Younger children will need some assistance with this Mother’s day gift DIY, while older children will be able to hand paint and personalize a candle holder for mom from start to finish on their own.
Of course, feel free to substitute mom for nana or grandma, or a favorite nickname, when you personalize this sweet homemade Mother’s day gift idea.
If you would like to make a personalized candle holder like this for Dad or Grandpa, click the link!
Related: Hand-Painted Candle Holder Kid-Made Gift Ideas
Mother’s Day Candle Holder Craft Supplies
- Rubbing alcohol
- 3-inch square votive candle holder
- Glass paint
- Glass paint outline tube (black)
- Paintbrush set
- Votive candles [to complete the gift}
- Small heart template (optional)
Related: Favorite Things Gift Ideas for Mom
How to Personalize a Candle Holder for Mom
Below you will find instructions to personalize a heart votive candle holder for mom. Feel free to substitute mama, grandma, nana, a nickname, or her real name!
1. Hand paint a heart or several hearts onto a square votive candle holder for mom.
- Paint a single heart or a quadruple heart votive candle holder for this simple DIY project.
- You can either draw your own heart or use our small heart template. If you don’t want to paint a heart–choose another design and personalize it!
- To learn how to use glass paint to create beautiful faux-stained glass heart votives, click on one of the links above to see the full tutorial.
Related: Keepsake Gifts Kids Can Make
2. Personalize the Mother’s Day candle holder gift idea.
- Use this personalized heart votive tutorial to make a personalized candle holder for mom, grandma, or nana.
- Faux-stained glass heart votive candle holders cast hearts onto nearby walls and tabletops when they are lit.
- Look how gorgeous the personalized “Love” quadruple heart looks in the photo below!
Related: Easy Felt Flowers on Twig Stems
DIY Mother’s Day Personalized Candle Holder Gift Ideas
If you like to draw or trace, you will love these easy gift ideas for mom and grandma. Creating gorgeous stained glass hearts on votive candle holders and personalizing them for mom, nana, or grandma is fun and easy for both kids and adults.
Mothers and grandmothers love homemade gifts with a personal touch for Mother’s Day… I know I do!
You may also be interested in this amazing collection of homemade gifts that kids can make and gifts for moms that will put you in the good book.
Check out DIY projects for more homemade gifts and project ideas.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked Personalized Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, You May Also Like
- DIY Mother-Daughter Necklace Set Gift Idea
- Hand Painted Candle Holder Gift Ideas
- Heart Tree Gift Idea
- Fingerprint Flower Necklaces and Keychain Charms
- DIY Photo Necklace Jewelry Making Tutorial
Leave a Comment