DIY shell flowers can be made by both kids and adults. Use shells collected on your daily adventures and vacations to make a beautiful keepsake to treasure.
These make a wonderful gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, birthday’s, anniversaries, or any other special occasion.
While I was making the DIY shell flowers you see below for my husband for our anniversary (the fourth wedding anniversary is traditionally flowers) my daughter was making this shell flower nature craft for her grandma. Click on the link to see it!
DIY Shell Flowers
In order to collect some of the things you need for this project, you will have to go on a nature hunt. I don’t recommend buying twigs, stones, and shells unless you can’t find them where you live. I have included affiliate links to supplies for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
DIY Shell Flowers Materials
- Cowrie shells
- Small stones
- Wood plaque
- Walnut acrylic gel stain
- Sanding sponge
- Mod Podge
- Foam brushes
- Craft glue or glue gun with glue sticks
DIY Shell Flowers Directions
1. Lightly sand wood plaque.
3. Apply a Mod Podge with a foam brush to seal and protect. Allow to dry.
4. Arrange twigs, stones, and shells onto the plaque to make flowers. Play with the picture that you want to create before gluing it down.
5. Once you are happy with your DIY shell flowers use craft glue or a glue gun to glue it down. [I prefer craft glue for this project because you can move things around a bit as you work. If you want the pieces to be locked in as soon as you place them on the wood use a glue gun.]
6. (Optional) Apply a coat of Mod Podge on top of DIY Shell flowers to seal and protect.
That’s it… Easy peasy!
DIY Shell flowers are a simple nature craft and fine motor activity for both kids and adults. They make lovely home decor and are a great gift for Mother’s Day, Christmas, birthday’s, and anniversaries! They are the perfect gift for the fourth wedding anniversary which is traditionally flowers.
You May Also Like
- Shell Flower Nature Craft
- Shell Frame with Handprint Keepsake Gift
- Stone and Shell Owl Craft
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls for pretend play and matching games
- Nature Scavenger Hunt
- DIY Leave-in Conditioner and Detangling Spray
- DIY Rainbow Colored Blocks
For more fun ideas follow me on Facebook & Pinterest!
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss anything!
Join the Rhythms of Play Community!
Enter your email address to receive our newsletter AND immediate access to our Free Art Template Download Page!