These cute creepy crawly magnetic Spiders are an easy Halloween spider craft that kids and adults can make.
Spider crafts make incredible DIY Halloween decorations! And Halloween crafts like these quick and easy magnetic spider crafts for kids (and adults) can be used to make creepy-crawly DIY Halloween spider decorations of all kinds.
These fun little magnetic creepy crawlies look amazing in spider webs, on the kitchen (or staff room refrigerator), on a magnetic wall calendar, and filing cabinets, and are the perfect spider craft for DIY Halloween door decor!
Make this cute Halloween spider craft with your kids at home, or in the classroom, for a Halloween party, or use them to make homemade spider decorations the kids are sure to LOVE!
Related: Halloween Spider Door Decorations
Related: Spider Web Halloween Decoration
Magnetic Halloween Spider Craft and Decoration Idea
Spider crafts are fun for kids to make any time of the year, but of course, children LOVE to make spider crafts like these spider magnets for Halloween.
Watch the spider craft video tutorial, and read through the directions before inviting kids to make these cute Halloween spiders.
Magnet Spider Craft Supplies
Gather the Halloween craft supplies on the list below before making spider crafts.
- Glass gems
- Acrylic paint
- Paintbrush (optional)
- Pipe cleaners
- 1-inch ceramic magnets
- Googly eyes or colored googly eyes
- Glue gun with glue sticks
How to Make Spider Magnets: Step by Step Tutorial
Like these cute magnetic spiders, Spider craft ideas are a quick and easy Halloween craft and spider decoration idea for kids and adults. However, glue guns are hot and dangerous tools. Please ensure children understand how to use a glue gun safely and are well supervised before inviting kids to make Halloween spider crafts and decorations. Scroll down for the step-by-step written directions to make magnetic spiders.
Spider Magnet Craft Video Tutorial
Spider Craft Tip: Work in pairs, as my daughter and I did in the video tutorial, to make it quick and easy to make these cute magnetic spider crafts. I operated the glue gun, and my daughter made the spider magnets.
Related: Fingerprint Art Magnets
Each spider magnet craft needs:
- One glass gem
- One acrylic paint color
- Four pipe cleaners (the same color or contrasting and complementary colors)
- One ceramic magnet
- Two googly eyes
Related: Pipe Cleaner Bunny Craft
Step 1 – Paint the back of the glass gem or cabochon for each spider craft magnet.
- Give a bottle of acrylic paint a good shake, and place a significant drop of paint onto the back of the flat side of a glass gem or cabochon. Tilt it, and continue to move it slowly around t cover the entire flat surface of the glass gem with paint.
- Use caution, the viscosity of each acrylic paint can cause each color to move faster or slower, and some may not flow at all! Paint pouring is a skill that requires finger dexterity, hand-eye coordination, patience, and practice. Please be gentle with yourself and your children–Mistakes are how we learn!
- Or, use a paintbrush to paint the back of each glass gem. If you choose to use a paintbrush, you will likely need to apply a second coat of acrylic paint to create an opaque look for each Halloween spider craft.
- Allow the acrylic paint to dry before moving on to the next step.
Spider Craft Tip: Spend one day painting the backs of the glass gems and the next making magnetic spiders.
Step 2 – Glue pipe cleaners to the bottom of the painted glass gem to make spider legs.
- Gather four pipe cleaners in your hands and bend them slightly to find the center.
- Put a large dollop of glue on top of the acrylic paint on the back of the glass gem.
- Press the center of all four pipe cleaners into the glue to create each spider leg.
Spider Craft Tip: Work in pairs, as my daughter and I did in the video tutorial, to make it quick and easy to make these cute magnetic spider crafts. I operated the glue gun, and my daughter manipulated the craft supplies to make the spider magnets.
Step 3 – Glue the magnet onto the pipe cleaners on the back of the glass gem.
- Add a large dollop of glue on top of the pipe cleaners where you would like to place the magnet, and press the crafting magnet into the adhesive to secure it to the back of the spider magnet craft.
- We re-used some old 1-inch by 3/4 inch rectangular ceramic magnets that we had stashed in our craft room, but 1-inch circular ceramic magnets also work great. We use them to make our fingerprint art magnets.
Step 4 – Flip the spider magnet over and fan out each pipe cleaner spider leg
- Turn the Halloween spider craft over and fan out each pipe cleaner to create each spider leg.
Step 5 – Glue googly eyes onto the top of the cabochon or glass gem
- Lay the spider down, and glue the googly eyes onto the top of the glass gem between the front two pipe cleaner spider legs.
Step 6 – Bend pipe cleaners to make the legs of the spider magnet craft
- Invite children to bend each pipe cleaner to create creepy-crawly spider legs.
- We made two opposing bends in each spider leg to create a knee and foot for each Halloween spider decoration. Not that spiders have knees and feet–but you get the idea!
Magnetic Spider Crafts for Kids and Adults
Spider crafts, such as these poseable magnetic spiders, make fun and easy Halloween crafts and decoration ideas for kids and adults. You might also enjoy this round-up of Halloween Arts and Crafts for Kids, including a handprint spider, spider webs, and more spider arts and crafts for kids (and adults).
Pipe cleaner crafts like this Halloween spider craft are fun to make into DIY Halloween decor. Check out the creepy-crawly Halloween spider door decorations we created with them in the photo below!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
DIY Halloween Crafts and Decoration Ideas
- Easy Halloween Ghost Craft
- Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
- Giant Spider Web Decoration
- Halloween Porch Decor
- Best Halloween Art Projects for Kids
- Halloween Spider Door Decorations
- Glowing Ghost Sensory Bottle
- Pumpkin Sensory Bottle
- Gorgeous Glowing Halloween Lanterns
Halloween Activities and Ideas
- Pumpkin Patch Field Trip Activities
- Host a Corn Maze Race!
- Healthy Halloween Handout Ideas and Non-Candy Alternatives