Halloween luminaries, like this round-up of easy Halloween lantern ideas, make easy DIY Halloween Decorations for Halloween parties and on Halloween night.
Add to your DIY Halloween decor with this list of Halloween lantern-making ideas. This collection of Halloween lantern crafts is filled with cool ideas for glowing homemade Halloween decorations that will impress your friends and neighbors!
Learn how to make a Halloween lantern using several types of recycled items with the list of DIY Halloween luminaries below. Real pumpkins are the most classic Halloween Jack o’ lantern luminaries. However, this list of easy Halloween lantern crafts includes everything but real pumpkin Jack o’ lanterns.
Instead, use recycled materials to make several different kinds of Halloween lantern DIY projects. Try making any of these Halloween lantern ideas with your kids this Halloween. Children love to help make Halloween crafts and decorate with cool homemade Halloween decoration ideas. And, with recycled materials as the primary craft supply, you can’t go wrong!
If you are looking for classic Jack 0′ lantern pumpkin carving ideas, pop over to look at fall nature crafts. In it, we have included a list of our favorite pumpkin Halloween Jack o’ lantern luminaries that kids and adults can make.
Related: Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
Cool Halloween Lantern DIY Decoration Ideas
Kids will love this collection of recycled Halloween lantern-making crafts and ideas! It includes Halloween lantern craft ideas made with several types of recycled materials; mason jars, tin cans, paper bags, milk jugs, Halloween buckets, Chinese paper lanterns, cups, and more!
Whether you like friendly or spooky DIY Halloween Decorations… you will find lots of fun Halloween DIY lantern ideas that you can make with your children below. If you are not feeling crafty but love the look of these Halloween luminaries, we have also provided some ready-made Halloween luminary options!
Cool Halloween decoration ideas, like these Halloween lanterns and luminaries, emit a gorgeous subtle glow when used as centerpieces, on mantles, in windows, or on doorsteps for Halloween parties and Halloween night.
**Click on the creator’s name for each Halloween lantern to see the full tutorial for each Halloween lantern DIY project.**
Halloween Luminaries and Halloween Lantern Craft Ideas for Kids and Adults
This round-up of Halloween DIY lanterns contains many fun DIY Halloween decorations that can impress your friends and neighbors. With spooktacular DIY Halloween decoration ideas like these, making Halloween lanterns is a fun craft project for both kids and adults.
Try any of these fun Halloween luminary DIY ideas or find inspiration to create your own Halloween lantern craft.
Most of these Halloween Lantern craft ideas can be made with materials from your recycle bin. So to upcycle your milk jugs, coffee cans, paper bags, mason jars, cups, and bottles, and make any of these cool ideas for homemade Halloween decorations.
Making recycled Halloween luminaries is a fun way to decorate for Halloween. Try making any of these cool ideas for homemade Halloween decorations with your children today!
1. Enchanting Halloween Lanterns | Adventure in a Box
I am in love with these enchanting Halloween lanterns… aren’t they gorgeous!? Click on the link above to learn how to make these amazing luminaries. Or you can purchase a similar ready-made Halloween lantern HERE.
2. Painted Mason Jar Halloween Luminaries | Crafts by Amanda
I love all of the different colors and fun hand-drawn faces on these painted Halloween mason jar lanterns. There are many fun ways to decorate a Halloween lantern using mason jars and paint with this simple technique. Or, buy another colorful Halloween lantern HERE.
More Halloween luminaries like these:
- DIY Jack O Lantern Tea Lights | Moms and Crafters instead of paint this craft uses permanent markers.
3. Halloween Mason Jar Lanterns with Tissue Paper | My Crafty Spot
Halloween mason jar lanterns made with tissue paper are equally awesome. This version of tissue paper Halloween lanterns won my heart. In it, you will find Jack O’Lanterns in different colors and shapes with fun designs.
Make this fun Halloween lantern DIY, or try the other amazing tissue paper Halloween lanterns listed below.
Other spooktacular tissue paper Halloween luminaries:
- Easy Halloween Lanterns | Red Ted Art
- Jack o’ Lantern Nightlight Jars | Fireflies and Mudpies (shown in the photo collage at the bottom of the page)
4. Halloween Mummy Jars | All You
5. Jam or Mason Jar Spider Web Lanterns | Mum in the Madhouse
Can you guess the material that created the spooktacular effect of these awesome spider web Halloween lanterns?
Click on the link above to find out! And, find some that you can use HERE!
You may also like the inflatable solar light Halloween lanterns that you can buy HERE.
6. DIY Paper Lanterns for Halloween Decorations | Lia Griffith
Halloween paper lanterns like these DIY paper luminaries look amazing when lit up on Halloween night.
More Glowing Halloween DIY Lanterns
7. Halloween Tin Can Luminaries | Jolly Mom
I love the simple look of this collection of recycled coffee can Halloween luminaries by Jolly Mom. You can punch any words you like or punch classic Halloween designs into them and paint them any color you choose.
I found some slightly different ready-made tin can lantern options you might like HERE.
8. Pottery Barn Knock-Off Pumpkin Lanterns | Making Lemonade
Hanging Chinese paper lantern Halloween luminaries look amazing, and there are lots of fun ways to make Halloween paper lanterns like these. You can even find some cute ready-made Halloween paper lanterns HERE and HERE.
I also found some super cool orange lanterns in a variety of different sizes (and colors) that you can use to make your own Halloween lantern DIY HERE.
Another different, but equally awesome, hanging Halloween lantern DIY idea:
These floating witch hat luminaries by Polkadot Chair are a super creative alternative to jack o’ lantern hanging paper lanterns! Aren’t they awesome?!
Hang any of these cool ideas around your house to decorate for Halloween. Homemade Halloween decorations and fun Halloween lantern crafts look spooktacular inside and outside!
9. Halloween Paper Bag Luminaries
There are lots of ways to make paper bag lanterns for Halloween. The Unoriginal Mom has included a Halloween paper bag luminaries template ideas that you can use for making paper bag Halloween lanterns.
You can also use a single hole punch to punch holes in orange paper bags or plain brown paper bags to write words and make designs. Or use a spider paper punch or pumpkin paper punch! To make your own DIY Halloween luminary bags!
And, don’t forget the flameless tea light candles!
10. Milk Jug Halloween DIY Lanterns “Spirit Jugs” | Eighteen 25
Recycled spirit jugs are super easy to make… So start saving your milk jugs now!
A strand of Christmas lights the Halloween jug luminaries pictured. Still, I have also seen this type of Halloween luminary made with glow sticks or glow bracelets placed inside the glowing ghost lanterns a bit of color. Flameless candles also work really well in milk jug lanterns.
More Milk Jug Halloween Lanterns:
- Quick, Inexpensive DIY Halloween Ghost Luminaries | Third Stop on the Right
11. Halloween Bucket Jack O’ Lantern Ideas
Use Jack o’ lantern Halloween buckets to make any of these cool Halloween Luminary ideas.
- Make a glowing plastic Jack 0′ lantern totem pole with the fun DIY Halloween luminary tutorial found on Scratch and Stitch.
- Cut out the eyes and mouth of Jack 0′ lantern Halloween buckets to make DIY light up Halloween pumpkins. Find the tutorial on Girl, Just DIY!
- Use the DIY Halloween luminary tutorial found on Twitchetts to create a colorful light-up Halloween totem pole with a weathered look.
- Make this easy Jack o’ lantern porch light with the fun DIY Halloween lantern tutorial by Happiness is Homemade.
- Use Jack o’ lantern Halloween buckets to make the easy glowing pumpkin lantern DIY found on Making Lemonade.
12. Recycled Cup Lanterns and Halloween Luminaries
Use recycled plastic or paper cups to try any of the cool Halloween Lantern DIY ideas listed below.
- Make paper cup Jack’O’Lantern pumpkins that will glow in the dark on Halloween night. They have a cute, glowing nose, and are really easy to make. Find this easy Halloween lantern DIY tutorial on Non-Toy Gifts.
- If you are you looking for an easy and quick Halloween lantern craft, your kids will love these glowing jack-o-lanterns that you can make with plastic cups! To make this easy Halloween luminary DIY pop over to Buggy and Buddy for the directions.
13. Halloween Lanterns made with recycled bottles
The Best Halloween Lanterns DIY
This round-up of Halloween DIY lanterns contains lots of fun DIY Halloween decorations that will impress your friends and neighbors. Making cool Halloween lanterns is fun and easy with DIY Halloween decorations like these.
Try any of these fun Halloween luminaries DIY ideas or find inspiration to create your own!
Most of these Halloween Lantern craft ideas can be made with materials from your recycle bin. So, upcycle your milk jugs, coffee cans, paper bags, mason jars, cups, and bottles and make any of these cool ideas for homemade Halloween decorations.
Halloween luminaries are a fun way to decorate your doorstep and windowsills for parties and Halloween night. Most of them are upcycled crafts that both kids and adults can make.
You may also like this collection of Halloween Art Projects Kids LOVE!
Don’t forget to pop over to have a look at our fall bucket list filled with fun fall activities for kids!
More DIY Halloween Decoration Ideas
- Tissue Paper Ghost Craft
- DIY Spider Egg Halloween Decoration
- Giant Stick Spiderweb Halloween Decoration
More DIY Mason Jar Lantern Ideas
If You Like Halloween Lanterns DIY, Then You May Also Like
- 13 Healthy Treats and Fun Alternatives for Halloween
- Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts (Contains pumpkin and jack o’ lantern carving ideas)
- Glow in the Dark Ringer Game Sensory Bottle
- Halloween Pumpkin Salt Painting
- Best Halloween Art Projects