Here are some Halloween porch decor ideas that make it easy to decorate your front porch with spider web and skeleton outdoor Halloween decorations! (First published September 17, 2023; this post is updated and republished to improve the content.)
Decorate your front porch with outdoor Halloween decoration ideas like this spider web and skeleton Halloween porch decor. Learn how to make or arrange front porch Halloween decorations with spider webs and skeletons using the step-by-step directions below. Or gather ideas to do your own thing. Halloween porch decor ideas like these will impress your neighbors and make children squeal with horror and delight.
Related: Halloween Lantern DIY Ideas
Halloween Front Porch Decoration Ideas: Skeleton and Spider Web
Impress your neighbors and friends with simple front porch Halloween decorations. Outdoor Halloween decoration ideas like this giant spider web with a skeleton are fun for the whole family to create on the front porch. You might also enjoy these Halloween spider door decorations.
We impressed our neighbors so much that we had to replace our Halloween skeleton twice last year! In the photo below, you can see the sign we put up above the mailbox that read, “Boo, who stole our skelly!?” Please enjoy other people’s Halloween porch decor with your eyes, not your sticky fingers. Thank you!
Related: Halloween Ghost Decoration
Spider Web and Skeleton Outdoor Halloween Decoration Ideas
First, gather a combination of the Halloween front porch decoration ideas from the list below. (Each of the front porch Halloween decoration ideas is optional. Choose the decorations you like best.) Next, follow the step-by-step directions in the next section to make Halloween porch decor with a skeleton and a giant outdoor spider web.
DIY Outdoor Halloween Decorations:
- DIY Giant Spider Web
- Halloween Ghost Decoration
- DIY Spider Egg Sac Crafts
- Halloween Lanterns and Luminaries
- DIY Halloween Spider Door Decor
Cheap Outdoor Halloween Decorations You Can Buy:
- Giant outdoor spider web set
- Outdoor giant spider web with lights
- Poseable life-size skeleton Halloween decoration outdoor
- Black folding chair or rocking chair
- Howling wolf or dog skeleton
- Stretchy spider web decoration
- Light-up giant hairy spider decoration
- Spider decoration with light-up eyes
- Halloween spiders set
- Small spider decorations or toys
- Real or artificial fall leaves
- Halloween light strand
- Real or artificial carving pumpkins
- Spooky Halloween soundtrack
Learn how to make the spider web and skeleton Halloween porch decoration idea in the photograph below with the simple step-by-step Halloween porch decor tutorial in the next section. You might also enjoy this list of Healthy Halloween Alternatives and Non-Candy Treats.
Giant Spider Web and Skeleton Halloween Porch Decor Tutorial
Decorating the porch for Halloween is fun for the whole family. Use the ideas shown here to decorate your front yard, door, or porch with spooktacular outdoor Halloween decoration ideas like the spider web and skeleton Halloween porch decor in the photographs. You might also enjoy this list of Halloween art projects and painting ideas.
Scroll down to learn how to make and arrange these Halloween front porch decoration ideas with the simple step-by-step Halloween porch decor tutorial below. Front porch Halloween decoration ideas like this giant spider web and skeleton will impress your neighbors and make children squeal with horror and delight.
1. Make a DIY Giant Spider Web or Hang a Pre-Made Giant Outdoor Spider Web.
- Use our giant Halloween spider web DIY tutorial to make an outdoor spider web with sticks or bamboo poles.
- Or, purchase any of the outdoor spider web decorations recommended in the supplies above, or at the bottom of this post.
2. Arrange spiders in the giant outdoor spider web.
- Add an array of spiders from small to extra large with glowing eyes onto the giant outdoor spider web, the front door, and all over the front porch.
- Another idea is to arrange creepy-crawly spiders on the door.
- Here are a few spider Halloween decoration ideas for your spider web:
3. Put a skeleton in a chair, on a bail of straw, or hang in a giant spider web.
- Place a skeleton in a black rocking chair, folding chair, or on a bail of straw near or behind the giant Halloween spider web.
- Another idea is to wrap the life-sized skeleton up in a stretchy spider web and hang it in the giant spider web or from the ceiling.
- Or hang a Halloween corpse decoration next to it.
- Make it look like the spider has already had a delicious meal and the onlooker may be next!
4. Place the howling dog or wolf skeleton next to the skeleton in the chair or Below Spider Web (optional).
- A howling wolf or dog skeleton looks frightfully fun sitting next to the skeleton in the chair behind the spider web on our front porch.
- Our daughter has been obsessed with skeletons since her first Halloween. A couple that we met camping gave her the howling dog skeleton in the photographs after seeing how much she enjoyed it. They called it bones, and because the name fit so perfectly, we decided to keep it.
- My daughter loves to hide on the front porch and make bones howl when an unsuspecting onlooker walks by–lol!
5. Add a stretchy spider web (optional).
- Once all of your Halloween skeleton decorations are on the front porch or hung, arrange stretchy spider webs all over and around the scene.
- It can also be fun to wrap the skeletons and other props up with the stretchy spider web (optional.) The idea is to wrap the skeletons up to make it look like the spider wrapped them up in its web.
Boo, Who Stole Our Skelly?
The skeleton in the photograph above was the third Halloween skeleton that we purchased. Unfortunately, we had two stolen from our front porch, and we didn’t have enough stretchy spider webs to wrap the new skeleton up before Halloween night.
Because we waited until we had our Jack O’Lanterns finished on Halloween to take pictures of it, we missed the opportunity to show you how well we wrapped the first two up–you can blame the Halloween skeleton thieves for that!
We had to tie the third skeleton that we bought to the chair and tie it to the column on the front porch to protect it from getting stolen! Look at how many zip ties my husband wrapped around the dog’s leg! He even tied a cowbell on the back of the Halloween skeleton’s head to alert our dog (and us) if anyone ever tries to take it again–lol!
Stay tuned and bookmark this post for new pictures and another addition to our frightfully fun skeleton and spider web Halloween porch decor!! You won’t believe the crazy fantastic front porch Halloween decoration ideas we have in store for you this year!
6. Add scary outdoor Halloween decorations and a few cute Halloween porch decoration ideas, too!
- Add any other outdoor Halloween decorations or Halloween door decor to the Halloween porch decor display that you like.
- We carved a few cute Jack O’Lanterns, added a string of pumpkin lights, and made an extra-large Halloween ghost decoration to hang on the opposite side of the front porch.
- Another fun idea is to make and hang spider egg sacs all over the front porch or place Halloween tombstones and skeletons coming out of the front yard or garden beds!
Homemade Halloween Porch Decorations:
Here are a few DIY Halloween decoration outdoor ideas. Add any of these homemade Halloween porch decorations to your Halloween porch decor.
- Fall Nature Crafts (Scroll down to Pumpkin Carving and No-Carve Decorating Ideas)
- Ghost Halloween Decoration
- Halloween Lantern DIY Ideas
- Spider Egg Sac
- Halloween Spider Door Decor
More Front Porch Halloween Decorations:
Here are a few more Halloween decoration ideas in addition to those recommended in the DIY supply section above the step-by-step instructions. Feel free to add as many of these cheap outdoor Halloween decorations (accessible front porch Halloween decorations) to your Halloween porch decor.
- Halloween Giant Beef Netting Spider Web
- Hanging skull in a spider web
- Light-up spider egg sacs
- Halloween garage door banner
- Happy Halloween banner
- Bat Halloween Decorations
- Moroccan Style Candle Lantern
- Real or fake carving pumpkins and pumpkin carving tools
- Straw Bale
- Spooky Halloween soundtrack
- Colored Halloween porch light bulbs (orange or purple)
Skeleton and Spider Web Halloween Porch Decor Ideas
We hope you enjoy these fun ideas for decorating the porch for Halloween. Front porch Halloween decoration ideas like these make Halloween fun for the whole family!
Front porch Halloween decoration ideas like this giant spider web and skeleton will impress your neighbors and make children squeal with horror and delight.
More Halloween Ideas
- Best Halloween Art Projects
- Halloween Pumpkin Art Salt Painting
- Healthy Halloween Handout Ideas and Non-Candy Alternatives
- Glowing Ghost Sensory Bottle
- Halloween Pumpkin Sensory Bottle