Earth Day is traditionally celebrated as a day to raise awareness about the health and preservation of our planet. Earth day is a day to celebrate nature and think about how we can each do our part to make this world a more sustainable place to live. Let’s celebrate Earth Day every day!
Why we limit our celebration of the Earth to only one day of the year makes no sense to me. Making this world a greener and more sustainable place to live cannot be completed in a single day. We each need to do our part 365/24/7!
Earth Day Lessons for Kids
Below you will find ways to teach your children about making small changes for the well-being of our planet.
- Make an Earth Day Pledge
- Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Get It
- Recycling for Kids | Rain or Shine Mama
- Teaching Kids to Conserve Water | Adventures with Kids
- Understanding Pollution | The Kavanaugh Report
- Composting with Kids: Closing the Circle
- Earth Day Action Reminder Cards (Free Printable) | What can we do with Paper and Glue
- Free 25 Ways to go Green Infographic | This West Coast Mommy
Earth Day Crafts
I love Earth crafts. It’s a shame that the only time of the year that we make them is for Earth Day. Celebrate Earth Day every day by making these planet Earth crafts any day of the year!
Planet Earth Crafts
- DIY Earth Moss Ball | Mother Natured
- Earth Recycled Craft | Sand In My Toes
- Planet Earth Pom-Poms | What can we do with Paper and Glue
- Stained Glass Earth Craft | Mum in the Madhouse
- Yarn Earth Day Craft | Made with Happy
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rain Art | Mum in the Madhouse
- Earth Day Collage | I Heart Crafty Things
- Stained Glass Earth Suncatchers | Crafts on Sea
- Planet Earth Necklace | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Plantable Paper Earth | Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Paper Mache Light Up Globes | Housing a Forest
- People of the Earth Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Layers of the Earth Playdough | Playdough to Plato
Upcycled Earth Day Crafts
If there is anything that symbolizes Earth Day it’s a fun upcycled craft or project. Since we recycle year round, these crafts can be done year round too! I have included a few ideas below.
- Reuse Anything to Start Your Seedlings | Nemcsok Farms
- Build a Juice Jug Greenhouse | Nemcsok Farms
- Egg Carton Daffodils | Nemcsok Farms
- 20 Totally Awesome Upcycled Crafts for Kids | What can we do with Paper and Glue
If You Liked Earth Day Every Day, You may also like:
- Green Crafty and Creative
- Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- Kids Yoga: Tips for Getting Started
- 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!