Celebrate Earth Day with these fun Earth day activities and Earth day crafts for kids and adults of all ages.
Earth Day is traditionally celebrated as a day to raise awareness about the health and preservation of our planet. It is a day to celebrate nature and think about how we can each do our part to make this world a more sustainable place to live.
Why we limit our celebration of the Earth to only one day of the year makes no sense to me. Making this world a greener and more sustainable place to live cannot be completed in a single day. We each need to do our part 365/24/7!
Whether you limit these Earth day activities to one day, or, explore these Earth day activities and craft ideas for year-round fun is up to you!
Earth Day Activities for Kids
Below you will find fun Earth day activities, including simple Earth day science ideas, and fun ways to teach your children about making small changes for the well-being of our planet.
- Make an Earth Day pledge
- Encouraging Kindness to Nature
- Caring for the Earth: 12 Green Living Tips to Share with Children
- Make Seed Starter Pots out of Recycled Materials that you can Plant Directly into the Ground | Preparedness Mama
- Kids Guide to Recycling | Reuse This Bag Blog
- Recycling for Kids | Science Kids
- Teaching Kids to Conserve Water | Adventures with Kids
- How to Teach Kids About Pollution | Science Explorers
- Fun Ways to Teach Kids About Pollution | Natural Beach Living
- Earth Day Yoga | Pink Oatmeal
- Funny Earth Day Jokes | Confidence Meets Parenting
- Composting with Kids: Closing the Circle
- Plant a Tree for Earth Day
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Earth Day Crafts
Don’t you love planet Earth crafts? It’s a shame that the only time of the year that we make them is for Earth Day.
Celebrate Earth Day every day by making Earth Day crafts any day of the year!
Planet Earth Crafts for Earth Day
- Make a Plantable Paper Earth | Modern Parents Messy Kids
- DIY Earth Moss Ball | Mother Natured
- Stained Glass Earth Craft | Mum in the Madhouse
- Earth Day Crown – I Can Help the Earth | ABC’s of Literacy
- Yarn Earth Day Craft | Made with Happy
- Earth Day Handprint Craft | ABC’s of Literacy
- Planet Earth Clay Craft for Earth Day | Adventure in a Box
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rain Art | Mum in the Madhouse
- Stained Glass Earth Suncatchers | Crafts on Sea
- Earth Suncatcher Earth Day Craft | No Time for Flashcards
- Planet Earth Necklace | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- People of the Earth Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Layers of the Earth Playdough | Playdough to Plato
- Handprint Earth Day Art | Non-Toy Gifts
Earth Day Crafts made using Recycled Materials
If there is anything that symbolizes Earth Day it’s a fun upcycled craft or project. Since we recycle year round, these crafts can be done year round too! I have included a few ideas below.
Earth Day Recycled Planet Earth Crafts
One of the main ways that we can all help plant Earth become a more sustainable place to live is by reducing our carbon footprint–Reduce, reuse, recycle.
Try any of these easy planet Earth crafts made with recycled materials.
- Earth Day Crayon Craft | Today’s Creative Life
- Recycled Newspaper Earth Day Garland | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Earth Day Collage | Artsonia
- Newspaper Earth Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
Recycled Earth Day Crafts
More craft ideas that would be perfect for Earth day made using recycled materials.
- Recycled Materials Art Wall | Art Bar Blog
- Fairy House Night Lights | Crafts by Amanda
- Toilet Paper Roll Birdhouses
- See-Through Rainstick (photo below)
Related: Outside Activities for Kids
Earth Day Crafts and Activities for Kids (and Adults, too!)
If You Liked Earth Day Every Day, You may also like:
- Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- Fingerprint Art Magnets
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- Kids Yoga: Tips for Getting Started
- 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!