Celebrate Earth Day with these fun Earth day activities and Earth day crafts for kids and adults of all ages.
Children of all ages will love this list of fun Earth Day activities and Earth Day crafts for Kids! Earth Day is traditionally celebrated as a day to raise awareness about the health and preservation of our planet. It is a great day to celebrate the natural world and think about how we can each do our part to make this world a more sustainable place to live. You might also enjoy the list of green living tips in Caring for The Earth: Sustainable Lessons for Children.
This list of fun Earth Day ideas has lots of fun activities and crafts that you can try with kids at home or in the classroom. Show children how to celebrate nature, make small changes for the planet’s well-being, reduce their carbon footprint, and care for the earth daily!
Earth Day Activities for Kids
Why we limit our celebration of the Earth to only one day of the year makes no sense to me. Making this world a greener and more sustainable place to live will not happen in a single day, and we each need to do our part 365/24/7.
Celebrate and care for the earth every day with this list of fun Earth Day activity ideas and lesson plans for kids. You might also enjoy this list of Outside Activities for Kids.
Below you will find fun Earth day activities, including simple Earth day science ideas, simple lessons, and fun ways to teach your children about making small changes for the well-being of our planet. Whether you limit these Earth day activities to one day or explore these Earth day craft ideas for year-round fun is up to you.
- Make an Earth Day pledge | Rhythms of Play
- Encouraging Kindness to Nature | Rhythms of Play
- 12 Green Living Tips to Share with Children | Rhythms of Play
- Make Seed Starter Pots out of Recycled Materials that you can Plant Directly into the Ground | Preparedness Mama
- Kids Guide to Recycling | Reuse This Bag Blog
- Recycling for Kids | Science Kids
- Teaching Kids to Conserve Water | Adventures with Kids
- Fun Ways to Teach Kids About Pollution | Natural Beach Living
- Earth Day Yoga | Pink Oatmeal
- Funny Earth Day Jokes | Confidence Meets Parenting
- Composting with Kids: Closing the Circle | Rhythms of Play
- How to Plant a Tree for Earth Day or Arbor Day | Rhythms of Play
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Earth Day Crafts
Below you will find a few different lists of Earth Day crafts, including planet earth crafts and upcycled or recycled crafts, for Earth Day. You may also enjoy this list of Birding Activities and Bird Watching Ideas for Kids.
Planet Earth Crafts for Earth Day
Don’t you love planet Earth crafts? It’s a shame that the only time of the year that we make them is for Earth Day. Celebrate Earth Day every day by making any of these easy Earth Day crafts any day of the year!
- Make a Plantable Paper Earth | Modern Parents Messy Kids
- DIY Earth Moss Ball | Mother Natured
- Stained Glass Earth Craft | Mum in the Madhouse
- Earth Day Crown – I Can Help the Earth | ABCs of Literacy
- Yarn Earth Day Craft | Made with Happy
- Earth Day Handprint Craft | ABCs of Literacy
- Planet Earth Clay Craft for Earth Day | Adventure in a Box
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rain Art | Mum in the Madhouse
- Stained Glass Earth Suncatchers | Crafts on Sea
- Earth Suncatcher Earth Day Craft | No Time for Flashcards
- Planet Earth Necklace | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- People of the Earth Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Layers of the Earth Playdough | Playdough to Plato
- Handprint Earth Day Art | Non-Toy Gifts
Earth Day Crafts made using Recycled Materials
If there is anything that symbolizes Earth Day, it’s a fun upcycled craft or project. Why? Because one of the main ways to help planet Earth become a more sustainable place is by reducing our carbon footprint–Reduce, reuse, recycle. Try the quick and easy recycled Earth Day craft ideas for kids on the list below. You may also like our Earth Day Art Print.
Earth Day Recycled Planet Earth Crafts
Here’s a list of fun planet Earth crafts made with recycled materials.
- Earth Day Crayon Craft | Today’s Creative Life
- Recycled Newspaper Earth Day Garland | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Newspaper Earth Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
Upcycled or Recycled Earth Day Crafts
Upcycled and recycled crafts and projects are also perfect for Earth Day. A few more Earth Day craft ideas, made with recycled materials, are listed below. Many of these quick and easy recycled crafts can be made year-round. We recommend Fun and Easy Crafting with Recycled Materials for more recycled craft ideas.
- Recycled Materials Art Wall | Art Bar Blog
- Fairy House Night Lights | Crafts by Amanda
- Toilet Paper Roll Birdhouses | Rhythms of Plays
- See-Through Rainstick | Rhythms of Play (photo below)
Earth Day Word Art Print
Looking for a simple piece of Earth Art that you can hang on your wall or give as a gift? Our Earth Word Art Print is an excellent choice!Earth Word Art Print
Earth Day Books for Kids
Share any of these Earth Day books for kids with the children in your life!
- Thank You, Earth
- Earth Day Every Day
- Our Planet, There’s No Place Like Earth
- What if Everybody Did That?
- What a Waste
- The Earth Book
- I Can Save the Earth
Earth Day Crafts and Activities for Kids
Earth Day Activities and Crafts for Kids! Teach your children to celebrate and care for the earth every day with these fun activities, lesson plans, science ideas, recycled crafts, and easy Earth Day crafts for kids. But why limit your Earth Day celebration to only one day of the year?
Teach children how to celebrate nature, make small changes for the planet’s well-being, reduce their carbon footprint, and care for the earth every day with this fun list of earth day activities and craft ideas for kids!
Please pop over to look at our Spring bucket list filled with fun spring activities for kids for more seasonal arts, crafts, and activities.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
Leave a Comment