Celebrate Earth Day with these fun Earth day activities and Earth day crafts for kids and adults of all ages.
Children of all ages will love this list of fun Earth Day activities and Earth Day crafts for Kids! Earth Day is traditionally celebrated as a day to raise awareness about the health and preservation of our planet. It is a day to celebrate nature and think about how we can each do our part to make this world a more sustainable place to live.
This list of fun Earth Day ideas is filled with fun activities and crafts that can be used at home or in the classroom to teach kids how to celebrate nature, make small changes for the well-being of the planet, reduce their carbon footprint, and care for the earth every day!
Earth Day Activities for Kids
Why we limit our celebration of the Earth to only one day of the year makes no sense to me.
Making this world a greener and more sustainable place to live cannot be completed in a single day. We each need to do out part 365/24/7.
Celebrate and care for the earth every day with this list of fun Earth Day activity ideas and lesson plans for kids.
Related: Outside Activities for Kids
Below you will find fun Earth day activities, including simple Earth day science ideas, simple lessons and fun ways to teach your children about making small changes for the well-being of our planet.
Whether you limit these Earth day activities to one day, or, explore these Earth day craft ideas for year-round fun is up to you.
- Make an Earth Day pledge
- Encouraging Kindness to Nature
- Caring for the Earth: 12 Green Living Tips to Share with Children
- Make Seed Starter Pots out of Recycled Materials that you can Plant Directly into the Ground | Preparedness Mama
- Kids Guide to Recycling | Reuse This Bag Blog
- Recycling for Kids | Science Kids
- Teaching Kids to Conserve Water | Adventures with Kids
- How to Teach Kids About Pollution | Science Explorers
- Fun Ways to Teach Kids About Pollution | Natural Beach Living
- Earth Day Yoga | Pink Oatmeal
- Funny Earth Day Jokes | Confidence Meets Parenting
- Composting with Kids: Closing the Circle
- Plant a Tree for Earth Day
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Earth Day Crafts
Below you will find a few different lists of Earth Day crafts, including planet earth crafts and upcycled, or recycled crafts, for Earth Day.
Related: Bird Watching for Kids
Planet Earth Crafts for Earth Day
Don’t you love planet Earth crafts? It’s a shame that the only time of the year that we make them is for Earth Day.
Celebrate Earth Day every day by making any of these easy Earth Day crafts any day of the year!
- Make a Plantable Paper Earth | Modern Parents Messy Kids
- DIY Earth Moss Ball | Mother Natured
- Stained Glass Earth Craft | Mum in the Madhouse
- Earth Day Crown – I Can Help the Earth | ABC’s of Literacy
- Yarn Earth Day Craft | Made with Happy
- Earth Day Handprint Craft | ABC’s of Literacy
- Planet Earth Clay Craft for Earth Day | Adventure in a Box
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rain Art | Mum in the Madhouse
- Stained Glass Earth Suncatchers | Crafts on Sea
- Earth Suncatcher Earth Day Craft | No Time for Flashcards
- Planet Earth Necklace | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- People of the Earth Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Layers of the Earth Playdough | Playdough to Plato
- Handprint Earth Day Art | Non-Toy Gifts
Earth Day Crafts made using Recycled Materials
If there is anything that symbolizes Earth Day it’s a fun upcycled craft or project.
One of the main ways that we can all help plant Earth become a more sustainable place to live is by reducing our carbon footprint–Reduce, reuse, recycle.
Try any of the quick and easy recycled Earth Day craft ideas for kids listed below.
Earth Day Recycled Planet Earth Crafts
Here’s a list of fun planet Earth crafts made with recycled materials.
- Earth Day Crayon Craft | Today’s Creative Life
- Recycled Newspaper Earth Day Garland | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Earth Day Collage | Artsonia
- Newspaper Earth Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
Upcycled or Recycled Earth Day Crafts
Upcycled and recycled crafts and projects are also perfect for Earth Day. A few more Earth Day craft ideas, made with recycled materials, are listed below.
Many of these quick and easy recycled crafts can be made year-round. For more ideas have a look at Fun and Easy Crafting with Recycled Materials.
- Recycled Materials Art Wall | Art Bar Blog
- Fairy House Night Lights | Crafts by Amanda
- Toilet Paper Roll Birdhouses
- See-Through Rainstick (photo below)
Earth Day Books for Kids
Share any of these Earth Day books for kids with the children in your life!
Earth Day Crafts and Activities for Kids
Earth Day Activities and Crafts for Kids! Teach your children to celebrate and care for the earth every day with these fun activities, lesson plans, science ideas, recycled crafts, and easy Earth Day crafts for kids.
Why limit your Earth Day celebration to only one day of the year?
Teach children how to celebrate nature, make small changes for the well-being of the planet, reduce their carbon footprint, and care for the earth every day with this fun list of earth day activities and craft ideas for kids!
Pop over to have a look at our Spring bucket list filled with fun spring activities for kids for more seasonal arts, crafts, and activities.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Fun Ideas for Kids:
- Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- Fingerprint Art Magnets
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- Kids Yoga: Tips for Getting Started
- 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
- Birding for Kids
Join the Rhythms of Play Community!
Enter your email address to receive our newsletter AND immediate access to our Free Art Template Download Page!