Pumpkin cranberry bread
If you’re looking for an awesome addition to your holiday baking you’ve found it. There is nothing quite like the sweet tangy goodness contained within each bite of this super moist bread.
I have been baking this bread during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays for over 20 years and it is always a hit! It’s even better when you make it using homemade pumpkin puree–Yum!
Related: Pumpkin Patch Field Trip Ideas
Homemade Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe
As a kid, I always loved my great-grandmothers pumpkin bread. When I started baking I replaced half of the oil with applesauce and added some cranberries to it. My family fell in love all over again, and I think you will too. It is an amazing low-fat holiday treat that is sure to delight!
Related: Turkey Leaf Lanterns
Homemade Pumpkin Cranberry Bread: Ingredients
- Butter or spray oil
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 16 oz Homemade Pumpkin Puree (or 1 16 oz can)
- 2 eggs (beaten–use 2 egg whites if you want to lower the fat content even more.)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
Homemade Pumpkin Bread: Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 loaf pans with butter and/or spray oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stir just until combined.
- Fold in fresh cranberries.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for about 6o minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then place on cooling racks.
This easy homemade low-fat pumpkin cranberry bread recipe makes a healthy treat during the fall and winter months. It is the perfect accompaniment to any Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday meal.
It tastes even better when made with homemade pumpkin puree. Make some to tickle your family’s taste buds with its super moist sweet tangy goodness today!
If you liked Pumpkin Bread, You may also like:
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!