This healthy pumpkin cranberry bread recipe is the perfect addition to your holiday baking. There is nothing quite like the sweet tangy goodness contained within each bite of this super moist homemade pumpkin bread!
If you’re looking for a homemade pumpkin bread recipe for your holiday baking you’ve found it. I have been baking this low-fat pumpkin cranberry bread for my family during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays for over 20 years and it is always a hit!
This healthy pumpkin bread recipe is even better when you make it using homemade pumpkin puree–Yum!
Related: Pumpkin Patch Field Trip Ideas
Related: 20 Fun Thanksgiving Traditions
Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
As a kid, I always loved my great-grandmothers’ homemade pumpkin bread. During a time when I was trying to lose weight, I replaced half of the oil of her original homemade pumpkin bread recipe with applesauce.
Would you believe my family loved my low-fat healthy pumpkin bread recipe even more than her homemade pumpkin bread recipe?
They said it was even moister than her original pumpkin bread recipe. The added applesauce made it even better than ever!
A few years later, I decided to experiment by adding some cranberries to my healthy pumpkin bread recipe. My family fell in love with this homemade pumpkin bread recipe all over again, and we think you will too.
This healthy pumpkin bread is an amazing low-fat holiday treat that is sure to delight and make your family beg for more!
Related: Turkey Leaf Lanterns
Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- Butter or spray oil
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 16 oz Homemade Pumpkin Puree (or 1 16 oz can)
- 2 eggs (beaten–use 2 egg whites if you want to lower the fat content even more.)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
How to Make Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries
Make pumpkin bread for your family this holiday season. Follow the easy step by step directions to make healthy pumpkin bread below!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 loaf pans with butter and/or spray oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stir just until combined.
- Fold in fresh cranberries.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for about 6o minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then place on cooling racks.
Related: Gratitude Activities and Crafts
Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe
This easy homemade low-fat pumpkin cranberry bread recipe makes a healthy treat during the fall and winter months. It is the perfect accompaniment to any Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas holiday meal.
This healthy pumpkin bread recipe tastes even better when it is made with homemade pumpkin puree. Make pumpkin puree the easy way, to add moisture and impress your friends and family.
Tickle your family’s taste buds with its super moist sweet-tangy homemade pumpkin cranberry bread today!
Don’t forget to have a look at our fall bucket list for more fall ideas.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If you liked this Homemade Pumpkin Bread Recipe, You may also like:
- Turkey Leaf Lanterns
- Top 10 Thankful Trees
- Pumpkin Patch Family Field Trip Ideas
- 40 Thanksgiving Gratitude Activities and Crafts
- Thanksgiving Traditions and Fun Things to do on Thanksgiving
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!