This healthy pumpkin cranberry bread recipe is perfect for your holiday baking because there’s nothing quite like the sweet, tangy goodness within each bite of this super moist homemade pumpkin bread!
If you’re looking for a homemade pumpkin bread recipe for your holiday baking, you’ve found it. I have been baking this low-fat pumpkin cranberry bread for my family for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas for over 25 years, and it is always a hit!
And my whole family thinks this healthy pumpkin bread recipe is even better when you make it using homemade pumpkin puree–Yum–test it yourself!
Related: Pumpkin Patch Field Trip Ideas
Related: 20 Fun Thanksgiving Traditions
Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
As a kid, I always loved my great-grandmother’s homemade pumpkin bread. But when I was trying to lose weight many moons ago, I replaced half of the oil of her original homemade pumpkin bread recipe with applesauce.
Would you believe my family loved my low-fat, healthy pumpkin bread version even more than her original homemade pumpkin bread recipe?
They said it was moister than her original pumpkin bread recipe–and the ingredients blended together to make a new and improved consistency that everyone loved. In other words, the added applesauce made it even better than ever!
Next, I experimented by adding some leftover cranberries I had in the fridge after Thanksgiving to my healthier pumpkin bread recipe. My family again fell in love with my new and improved pumpkin cranberry bread recipe, and we think you will too.
This healthy pumpkin bread is a fantastic low-fat holiday treat that will delight and make your family beg for more!
Related: Turkey Leaf Lanterns
Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- Butter or spray oil
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 16 oz Homemade Pumpkin Puree (or 1 16 oz can)
- 2 eggs (beaten–use 2 egg whites if you want to lower the fat content even more.)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
How to Make Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries
Make pumpkin bread for your family this holiday season. Follow the easy step-by-step directions to make healthy pumpkin bread below!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat two loaf pans with butter and/or spray oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Next, mix sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, oil, applesauce, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, and stir just until combined.
- Fold in fresh cranberries.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for about 6o minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then place on cooling racks.
Related: Gratitude Activities and Crafts
Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe
This easy homemade low-fat pumpkin cranberry bread recipe makes a healthy treat during the fall and winter months. It is the perfect accompaniment to any Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas holiday meal.
This healthy pumpkin bread recipe tastes even better when it is made with homemade pumpkin puree. Make pumpkin puree to add moisture and impress your friends and family.
Tickle your family’s taste buds with its super moist sweet-tangy homemade pumpkin cranberry bread today!
Don’t forget to have a look at our fall bucket list for more fall ideas.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!