Here’s a fun fingerprint snowman craft idea for kids and adults–use fingers and thumbs to make fingerprint snowman Christmas cards and other fun winter snowman crafts with this easy DIY tutorial.
Snowman fingerprint art is a fun winter snowman craft that kids and adults can use to make easy fingerprint snowman crafts and snowman Christmas cards. Use the step-by-step instructions below to make fingerprint snowman crafts and cards for Christmas or the winter solstice. Fingerprint snowman cards also make great thank you cards you can send to friends and family in the New Year or simple cards kids can make to hand out on Valentine’s Day.
We’ve done all of the above and invite you to try this fun snowman craft project at home or in the classroom this winter. Encourage children to make festive fingerprint snowman Christmas cards and other fun snowman crafts with these easy instructions this holiday season. Invite children to build a snowman with their fingers and thumbs with the DIY snowman craft tutorial below the craft supply list, or check out these fun Christmas handprint, footprint, and fingerprint craft and card ideas that you can try.
Related: Fingerprint Love Bug Card Ideas
DIY Fingerprint Snowman Crafts and Cards
Make fingerprint snowman art for winter crafts and Christmas cards with the step-by-step tutorial below. Fingerprint art snowman crafts are easy and super fun to make with the kids. You might also like our DIY snowman ornaments!
My daughter and I had a blast creating fingerprint art to make Christmas cards with a snowman, and we sent some off as thank-you cards to family and friends. My daughter also handed them out for Valentine’s Day to her classmates.
And you can also use these step-by-step fingerprint snowman art DIY instructions to make a fingerprint snowman ornament and other winter snowman crafts on colored construction paper, cardstock, wood, canvas, and more!
And if you like making fingerprint snowman arts and crafts, you might enjoy this list of fingerprint art project ideas. Fingerprint crafts are always a great gift for mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa! For even more ideas, look at this giant list of homemade gift ideas kids can make for parents and grandparents.
Related: Homemade Clay Snowman Ornaments
Fingerprint Snowman Craft Supplies
- Blank blue, kraft brown, red, or green greeting cards
- White tempura or acrylic paint
- Extra fine-tip paint pens
Related: Fingerprint Art Glass Magnets
How to Make a Fingerprint Art Snowman for Crafts and Cards
Related: Thumbprint Heart Magnets
1. Make a fingerprint snowman, or snowpeople, for homemade snowman crafts and cards.
- Make winter snowman crafts or cards with the easy step-by-step instructions below. In other words, invite children to dip their fingers and thumbs into white paint to make fingerprint snowpeople onto colored cardstock to make fingerprint snowman crafts–or on the front of blank greeting cards to make fingerprint snowman Christmas cards. (Scroll up to see fingerprint snowman craft supplies)
- Because there is more than one way to make a fingerprint snowman or snowwoman, we have created instructions for two easy ways to make them. Follow either of the step-by-step instructions below to make cute fingerprint snowman crafts.
How to make a fingerprint snowman Craft:
- Dip the tip of your index or pointer finger in white tempera paint and press it onto the paper to create the bottom of the fingerprint snowman.
- Again, dip your pointer finger into white tempera paint and press it onto the paper above the bottom to create the fingerprint snowman’s midsection.
- Finally, dip your pinky finger into white tempera paint and press onto the paper above the midsection to create a head for the fingerprint snowman.
- Allow snowman fingerprint art to dry before moving on to step 2.
How to make a fingerprint and thumbprint snowman:
- First, press your thumb in white tempera paint and stamp it onto a piece of paper to create the snowman’s body.
- Next, dip a finger in white tempera paint and press it onto the paper above the snowman’s body to make the fingerprint snowman’s head.
- The photograph below shows this type of fingerprint snowman craft.
- Allow snowman fingerprint art to dry before moving on to step 2.
As you can see in the photograph above, my daughter made two thumbprint snowpeople on each Christmas card, but you can make as many as you like!
Related: Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards
2. Add facial features, arms, buttons, hats, scarves, etc., to each fingerprint snowman Craft.
- Once the white paint is dry, invite children or adults to decorate each fingerprint snowman craft with extra-fine tip paint pens. Add eyes and a carrot nose, arms, buttons, top hats, caps, glasses, scarves, ear muffs, etc., to fingerprint snowman crafts.
- Specific snowman craft ideas for your fingerprint snowman cards and crafts can be found below.
How to decorate a fingerprint snowman Craft:
- Use extra fine-tip paint pens to create eyes, stick arms, carrot noses, buttons, and clothes on the fingerprint snowman craft.
- Make round eyes, closed eyes (with or without lashes), or whatever else you can imagine.
- Use an orange paint pen to draw a carrot nose or a black paint pen to dot a simple coal nose.
- Draw smiling mouths, coal mouths, or pursed red lips on fingerprint snowman and snowwoman craft faces.
- Put a string of buttons on the torso of the fingerprint snowman or leave it blank–up to you. (Draw colored buttons, or make them black like coal.)
- Draw stick arms in fun and silly ways doing all manner of actions–or leave them off. Both options are shown in the photographs.
- Put things in their hands, like hot cocoa or other fun winter props if desired.
- To make clothes draw top hats, knit caps, ear warmers, scarves, glasses, etc.
- Dip the tip of a pinky finger in white tempera paint to make the white pom-poms for the end of their knit caps.
- Make fingerprint or thumbprint hearts, or use a paint pen to draw hearts or snowflakes around the fingerprint snowmen and women. (optional)
- Scroll up and down to look at each of the fingerprint snowman card photographs to see our snowman art ideas for crafts and cards.
Related: Best Art Supplies for Kids
3. Give or send fingerprint snowman cards and crafts to family and friends. (optional)
Family and friends love to receive handmade keepsakes from the kids, so fingerprint-art snowman cards and crafts are guaranteed to put a smile on a loved one’s face.
Cards, of course, allow writing holiday greetings or notes of love and thanks to loved ones and other important people in your life–but homemade snowman arts and crafts are just as much fun.
So, whether you use these instructions to make fingerprint snowman crafts or snowman cards, send them off for the winter solstice, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or as a fun way to say thanks for the gifts!
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Handmade Snowman Cards Kids Can Make for Christmas
Snowman fingerprint cards are a fun winter snowman craft that kids and adults can make for the winter solstice, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, to say thank you, or just because. And best of all, making fingerprint snowmen and women is an art project the whole family, or classroom, can enjoy together.
So spend time making handmade thumbprint snowman cards with the kids at home or in the classroom this year. Or, make these super cute homemade snowman ornament crafts.
You might also enjoy this cute list of thumbprint heart crafts (and gift ideas) and Christmas handprint footprint, and fingerprint art card ideas.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked Homemade Snowman Cards, You May Also Like
- Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards
- Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
- The Best Winter Art Projects for Kids
- Ultimate Natural Gift Guide for Kids
- Fingerprint Love Bug Card Ideas
Leave a Comment