Use fingers and thumbs to make fingerprint snowman Christmas cards.
Snowman fingerprint Christmas cards are a fun snowman craft that both kids and adults can make. Invite children to make fingerprint snowman cards for friends and relatives this holiday season. Fingerprint snowman cards also make great homemade thank you cards and Valentine’s Day cards. Build your own snowman fingerprint art today!
Related: Best Fingerprint Art Project Ideas
Related: Fingerprint Love Bug Card Ideas
How to Make Fingerprint Snowman Cards
Fingerprint art snowmen are easy and super fun to make with the kids. My daughter and I had a blast creating snowman fingerprint art cards for Christmas and Valentine’s day! Click on the link to see more fun Christmas handprint, footprint, and fingerprint card ideas.
Related: Homemade Clay Snowman Ornaments
Snowman Fingerprint Card Supplies
Related: Fingerprint Art Glass Magnets
Fingerprint Art Snowman Cards Step by Step Directions
Related: Thumbprint Heart Magnets
Step 1 – Make Fingerprint Snowman or Snowpeople for Homemade Snowman Cards
Invite children to dip their fingers and thumbs into white tempera paint to make fingerprint art snowpeople on the front of blank blue, kraft brown, red, or green greeting cards. We made two thumbprint snowpeople for each card, but you can make as many as you like!
Step by step directions to make a fingerprint snowman can be found below. The snowpeople on the cards pictured are fingerprint and thumbprint snowmen and women.
How to Make a Fingerprint and Thumbprint Snowman
- Press thumb in white tempera paint and stamp onto paper or card to create snowman body.
- Dip finger in white tempera paint and press onto card or paper above snowman body to make fingerprint snowman head.
- Allow snowman fingerprint art to dry before moving on to the next step.
How to make a Fingerprint Snowman
- Dip the tip of your pinky finger in white tempera paint and press it onto a card or a piece of paper to create the fingerprint snowman head.
- Place your pointer finger into white tempera paint and press onto paper or card below the head to create the fingerprint snowman’s middle section.
- Dip your middle finger into white tempera paint and press onto the card or paper below the midsection to create the lower portion of the fingerprint snowman.
Related: Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards
Step 2 – Decorate Fingerprint Snowman Christmas Cards
Allow children to use extra-fine tip paint pens to decorate fingerprint art snowman Cards or make them yourself. Decorating ideas and tips for each fingerprint snowman card can be found below.
How to decorate a fingerprint snowman
- Use extra fine tip paint pens to create eyes, stick arms, carrot noses, buttons, and clothes on fingerprint snowman.
- Make round eyes, closed eyes (with or without lashes) or whatever else you can imagine.
- Use an orange paint pen to draw a carrot nose or use a black paint pen to dot a simple coal nose.
- Draw smiling mouths, coal mouths, or pursed red lips on fingerprint snowman and woman faces.
- Put a whole bunch of buttons on your fingerprint snowman or none at all. Draw colored buttons or make them black like coal.
- Draw stick arms in all sorts of fun and silly ways doing all manner of actions. Add in props as needed.
- To make clothes draw top hats, knit caps, ear warmers, scarves, glasses, etc.
- Dip tip of a pinky finger in white tempera paint to make the white balls on the end of knit caps.
- Make fingerprint or thumbprint hearts, or use a paint pen to draw them, between or around fingerprint snowmen and women. (optional)
Related: Best Art Supplies for Kids
Step 3 – Write Holiday Greetings in Each Snowman Card and Send them off to Family and Friends for Christmas or Valentine’s Day!
Family and friends love to receive handmade keepsakes that kids make. These fingerprint art snowman cards are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face for Christmas or Valentine’s Day!
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Handmade Snowman Cards Kids Can Make for Christmas
Send time making handmade thumbprint snowman cards with the kids this year. Making fingerprint snowmen and women is an art project the whole family can enjoy!
You might also enjoy this cute collection of thumbprint heart crafts and gift ideas and Christmas handprint footprint, and fingerprint art card ideas.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!