Use fingers and thumbs to make homemade snowman Christmas cards. Thumbprint and fingerprint snowman cards are easy Christmas fingerprint art cards kids and adults can make! Invite children to make a fingerprint snowman card today… Family and friends love homemade cards for Christmas!
Related: Fingerprint Christmas Tree Cards
How to Make Christmas Fingerprint Snowman Cards
Christmas Fingerprint art snowmen are easy and super fun to make with the kids. My daughter and I had a blad creating Christmas fingerprint art homemade Christmas cards!
My daughter and I are in the process of making these for our friends and family this year so we will more than likely have a few more pictures to share soon. Bookmark this page and stay tuned for more Fingerprint art snowman Christmas cards!
Related: Homemade Clay Snowman Ornaments
Fingerprint Snowman Christmas Card Supplies
Related: Fingerprint Art Glass Magnets
Christmas Fingerprint Art Snowman Cards Step by Step Directions
Step 1 – Make Fingerprint Snowman or Snowpeople for Homemade Snowman Christmas Cards
Invite children to dip their fingers and thumbs into white tempera paint to make fingerprint art snowpeople on the front of a blank blue, kraft brown, red, or green greeting cards. We made two fingerprint art snowpeople for each card, but you can make as many as you like!
Step by step directions to make a fingerprint snowman can be found below. The snowpeople on the cards pictured are thumbprint and fingerprint snowmen and women.
How to Make a Thumbprint and Fingerprint Snowman
- Press thumb in white tempera paint and stamp onto paper or card to create fingerprint snowman body.
- Dip finger in white tempera paint and press onto card or paper above snowman body to make fingerprint snowman head.
- Allow Christmas fingerprint art to dry before moving on to the next step.
How to make a Fingerprint Snowman
- Dip tip of a pinky finger in white tempera paint and press onto card or paper to create the fingerprint snowman head.
- Press pointer finger into white tempera paint and press onto paper or card below the head to create the middle section of the fingerprint snowman.
- Dip middle finger into white tempera paint and press onto the card or paper below midsection to create the lower portion of the fingerprint snowman.
Related: Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards
Step 2 – Decorate Fingerprint Snowman Christmas Cards
Allow children to use extra fine tip paint pens to decorate fingerprint art snowman Christmas Cards or make them yourself. Decorating ideas and tips for each fingerprint snowman card can be found below.
How to decorate a fingerprint snowman
- Use extra fine tip paint pens to create eyes, stick arms, carrot noses, buttons, and clothes on fingerprint snowman.
- Make round eyes, closed eyes (with or without lashes) or whatever else you can imagine.
- Use an orange paint pen to draw a carrot nose or use a black paint pen to dot a simple coal nose.
- Draw smiling mouths, coal mouths, or pursed red lips on fingerprint snowman and woman faces.
- Put a whole bunch of buttons on your fingerprint snowman or none at all. Draw colored buttons or make them black like coal.
- Draw stick arms in all sorts of fun and silly ways doing all manner of actions. Add in props as needed.
- To make clothes draw top hats, knit caps, ear warmers, scarves, glasses, etc.
- Dip tip of a pinky finger in white tempera paint to make the white balls on the end of knit caps.
- Make fingerprint or thumbprint hearts, or use a paint pen to draw them, between or around fingerprint snowmen and women. (optional)
Related: Best Art Supplies for Kids
Step 3 – Write Holiday Greetings in Each Snowman Card and Send them off to Family and Friends for Christmas!
Family and friends love to receive handmade keepsakes that kids make. These fingerprint art snowman cards are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face for Christmas!
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Handmade Snowman Christmas Cards Kids Can Make
Send time making handmade snowman Christmas cards with the kids this year. Making fingerprint snowmen and women is a Christmas art activity the whole family can enjoy! for more ideas have a look at Christmas Handprint Footprint, and Fingerprint Art Card Ideas.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked Homemade Snowman Cards, You May Also Like
- Watercolor Christmas Tree Cards
- Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
- The Best Winter Art Projects for Kids
- Ultimate Natural Gift Guide for Kids
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!