Hand painted arts and crafts like these kissing lovebirds makes a unique homemade gift idea for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or just to say I love you any time of year!
Here’s a kissing lovebirds craft and gift idea perfect for someone you love–make one for him or her to show them how much you care. If you like to color you will love this hand-painted faux-stained glass love birds craft project.
Creating gorgeous faux stained glass effects with glass paint is easy. Tweens, teens, and adults will enjoy painting their own art windows and suncatchers using simple frames, glass paint, and our printable kissing lovebirds art template. You may also enjoy this list of homemade Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Him or Her.
Related: DIY Glass Paint Heart Tree
Faux Stained Glass Love Bird Craft and Gift Ideas
Homemade faux stained glass arts and crafts such as this faux stained glass love bird craft, make a lovely gift idea for someone special. We have a lot more faux stained glass projects that you can make to choose from.
Or, use frames or windows and glass paint to create framed faux stained glass art like these lovebirds, a heart tree, or anything else you desire. There is no limit but the limits of your own imagination. Scroll down to see the craft materials to make faux-stained glass arts and crafts followed by the step-by-step instructions to make this kissing lovebird’s craft.
Faux Stained Glass Love Bird Craft Supplies
- Tolsby Frame (any frame that you can paint the glass or plastic insert and display or hang will work)
- Glass Paint or Paint Markers
- Glass paint outline tube (black)
- Paintbrushes (If using glass paint)
- Kissing Lovebirds Printable Art Template (for personal non-commercial use only–thank you!)
How to Make “Love Birds” Faux Stained Glass Craft
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to make kissing lovebird arts and crafts.
Step 1 – Download and Print Kissing Lovebirds Art and Craft Template Or Create Your Own Art
- Download and print the kissing lovebirds art template–or choose another design to print. Or, feel free to create your own art, and invite the kids to do the same!
Step 2 – Gather Supplies and Prepare Frame
- First, collect the art and craft supplies that you want to use from the list above.
- Next, remove the protective covering from both sides of one of the two clear plastic inserts that come with the Tolsby Frame.
Step 3 – Tape the Kissing Lovebirds Art Template to the Inside Of the Frame Window
- Tape the love birds to one of the clear plastic inserts that come with the Tolsby Frame, or to the inside of the glass or plastic frame window if you are using a different frame.
- The Tolsby Frame is made to hold a picture inside so it comes with two plastic window inserts. However, since you will be painting on it–you will only need one. The bonus is that if you make a mistake, you can use the other. Or you can make two designs and alternate them.
Step 4 – Trace Lovebird Design (or Another Art Template) with Glass Paint Outliner
- Use a black glass paint outline tube or a black paint marker to trace the kissing lovebirds, or another design, onto the clear plastic (or glass if you are using another type of frame) window.
- Allow the black outline to dry for at least 24 hours before moving on to the next step.
Step 5 – Use Glass Paint To Color Kissing Lovebirds or Another Design
- Use glass paint or paint markers to color your design however you like. (See our glass paint tips below.)
- Allow paint to dry before wrapping it up and giving it to someone you love as a gift, or displaying it as DIY home decor.
How to paint with glass paint
Painting with glass paint is a bit different than other paints. You want to load your brush with glass paint and dab it into the black outline to hold it. The more paint the better. If you brush it on you might not be able to see it once it dries. Make sure you use as much paint as you can for the lighter colors or they will be tough to see.
Related: Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
Hand Painted Lovebird Crafts And Gift Ideas
Both kids and adults will enjoy creating their own stained glass art windows and suncatchers using glass paint. You make also like this collection of hand-painted candle holders.
This DIY hand-painted stained glass lovebirds would make a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day, weddings, and anniversaries. Another easy idea is this lovebird felt softie.
You may also like THIS LIST of DIY and ready-made gift ideas for the whole family!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!