Download and print the “I am grateful for” gratitude journal printable worksheet and use it to draw or write the things you are grateful for. (First published September 30, 2019; this post is updated and republished to improve the content.)
The “I am grateful for” gratitude journal printable page is for kids and adults of all ages. The boxes provided allow you to write or draw everything you are grateful for. Even preschoolers can use this free printable gratitude journal template to learn how to express gratitude. Invite young children to use this printable “I am grateful” coloring page, and these gratitude prompts to draw what they have to be thankful for!
If you are wondering how to teach children about gratitude, look at this fun collection of gratitude activities. It includes activities, crafts, and other great resources that make it easy for parents and teachers to teach kids how to be grateful. You might also enjoy this collection of Thanksgiving Gratitude Activities and Crafts.
Related: How to Make Clay Gratitude Leaves
I Am Grateful: Gratitude Journal Worksheet
Practicing gratitude has been researched to be associated with increased optimism, joy, and empathy. The “I am Grateful” gratitude journal printable can help children and adults learn how to express gratitude. Or, use our Thankful Turkey printable coloring page or placemats!
Gratitude and grateful thinking are about expressing appreciation for the good things in life instead of becoming fixated on the negatives and what we do not have. Writing in a gratitude journal and using printable gratitude worksheets and gratitude activities & crafts can help children and adults establish the habit of paying attention to the blessings in their lives.
Reading gratitude books for kids is another fun and easy way to help children learn to express gratitude and thankfulness. Gratitude brings abundance. When we are grateful for what we have, we get more of what we are thankful for and can find greater happiness.
Gratitude Coloring Page Supplies:
How to Use the Printable Gratitude Journal Template
Follow the steps below to increase feelings of thankfulness and gratitude at home or in the classroom.
1. Download and print the gratitude journal printable template.
- Download and print the Gratitude journal printable template HERE, or doodle the “I am grateful” gratitude journal template into your bullet journal.
- Another option is to use this thankful turkey printable coloring page or these cute thankful turkey placemats.
2. Fill the empty boxes with the people, events, places, and things you are most grateful for.
- The “I am grateful for” printable gratitude worksheet can be filled with words or pictures.
- Use colored pencils, gel pens, etc., to write down what you are grateful for. Or draw your responses in each “I am grateful for” box.
- Another fun way to decorate this gratitude journal printable is to use stickers, photographs, and magazine clippings to fill in the boxes on the gratitude journal printable.
- You can also use this gratitude activity as a literacy activity. To do so, follow the easy instructions below:
- First, invite preschoolers, kindergarteners, and elementary-aged children to draw responses on the printable gratitude journal worksheet.
- Next, ask them to write the word next to each picture on the printable “I Am Grateful” gratitude worksheet.
Related: Gratitude Journal Prompts Printable
Printable Gratitude Journal Coloring Page Tips
Use the printable gratitude coloring page and the gratitude journal tips below to increase feelings of gratitude and thankfulness.
1. Feel it in your heart.
- Take a moment to feel gratitude in your heart for each entry instead of quickly making a list.
- Drawing your responses is a great way to bring everything you are grateful for into your heart and onto the paper. I like to call it gratitude art therapy!
2. Focus on people and events more than things.
- Focusing on people and festive events creates stronger feelings of thankfulness and gratitude.
- Meaningful events and the people in our lives will always bring us more joy than the items we have, so do your best to focus on people and events more than things.
3. Take a moment to think of your life without them
- Increase your feelings of gratitude by thinking of the absence of the things that you are most thankful for.
- In other words, consider the lack of the person, place, or object as a way to increase your feelings of gratitude toward it.
4. Make it personal
- Spend time personalizing each gratitude journal entry.
- Create art, doodle, or draw what you are thankful for.
- This can help you focus more on the gratitude you feel for the blessings in your life.
- If you decide to write in your entries instead of drawing them, glam your gratitude journal up with gel pen doodles, gratitude stickers, and anything else that makes you feel good!
5. Display “I am grateful” printable pages
- When finished, display your gratitude printable worksheet where you will see it often.
- Use fingerprint magnets to hang your gratitude coloring page on the fridge, tape it to your bedroom or bathroom mirror, or hang it in a frame and hang it near your desk.
- To increase feelings of gratitude, it’s best to display your gratitude coloring page somewhere you can look at it daily.
- When you display or hang it somewhere you can see, it will constantly remind you of the blessings in your life.
6. Use the “I am grateful” gratitude printable worksheet weekly or monthly
- Fill out a new gratitude journal worksheet weekly or monthly to create the habit of being grateful.
Gratitude Journal Printable Tip: Use wet-erase markers and dry-erase pockets or a laminator and easy laminating sheets to reuse gratitude journal printables over and over again instead of wasting printer ink and paper! Or, create a collection of gratitude journal coloring pages that you can look at to see how well they have helped you manifest more of everything you are grateful for in your life.
Printable Gratitude Coloring Page benefits for Kids and Adults
A printable gratitude journal coloring page offers many benefits for both children and adults. It is a powerful tool to help enhance mental well-being and creativity, in addition to several other benefits.
Coloring this printable is a fun and engaging activity that can help children express gratitude. It can help them cultivate a positive outlook and improve their emotional intelligence. By coloring, they stimulate their imagination and fine motor skills while discovering feelings of thankfulness and gratitude.
This unique approach allows adults to revisit and refresh their inner creativity, which often gets buried in daily responsibilities. It also facilitates a mindfulness practice, helping them to de-stress and focus on the present moment. As they fill the pages with colors, they are prompted to reflect on the things they are grateful for, thus enhancing their overall perspective towards life, improving mood, and fostering resilience in facing life’s challenges.
I Am Grateful Gratitude Journal Pages
When we are grateful for what we have, we can find greater happiness. Use this gratitude journal template to help create the habit of being grateful. Gratitude pages like the “I am grateful for” worksheet can help children learn how to express gratitude for life.
Don’t forget to have a look at this round-up of gratitude activities. It includes activities and crafts that make it easy to teach kids how to be grateful.
More Thankful and Gratitude Activities
- Gratitude Journal Prompts with Free Printable
- Thankful Turkey Printable
- Thanksgiving Gratitude Activities and Crafts
- How to Make a Thankful Tree with Real Leaves
- Clay Gratitude Leaves
- Children’s Books about Gratitude That Inspire Thankfulness
- Thankful Tree with Clay Gratitude Leaves
- Best Thankful Trees for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Traditions