This shell flower nature craft turned shells from a family trip into a gorgeous keepsake gift.
Nature crafts like this are the perfect way to use all of the shells you find on your adventures and travels. I had some shell leis from a trip to Hawaii that we used to make this beautiful nature craft.
While my daughter was making this as a gift for Mother’s Day, I was making these DIY Shell Flowers for my husband for our fourth wedding anniversary. Click on the link to see it!
Shell Flower Nature Craft
This Shell flower nature craft is a fun fine motor activity for kids. Fine motor activities strengthen the hand for writing and more detailed hand work.
I prefer to have my daughter create things that are beautiful or have meaning while practicing her fine motor skills. Once finished this shell flower nature craft makes a wonderful gift for Mother’s Day, Christmas, and birthday’s!
Shell Flowers Nature Craft Materials
If you don’t already have a stash of shells you will have to go on a nature hunt. I don’t recommend buying twigs, stones, and shells unless you can’t find them. I have included affiliate links to supplies for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
- Shells (I cold not find them in white on Amazon so I used shells from shell leis.)
- Small stones
- Wood plaque
- Walnut acrylic gel stain
- Sanding sponge
- Mod Podge
- Foam brushes
- Craft glue
- Leaf green and bright yellow acrylic paint. (optional – to see how these look left natural see DIY Shell Flowers)
Shell Flower Nature Craft Directions
1. Lightly sand wood plaque.
3. Apply a Mod Podge with a foam brush to seal and protect. Allow to dry.
5. Glue twig and stone to the wood plaque.
6. Draw a flower around the stone using craft glue. (Don’t use a glue gun for this. The glue will dry too quickly.)
7. Arrange shells in craft glue to create flower petals.
8. (Optional) Apply a coat of Mod Podge on top of your shell flower nature craft to seal and protect.
This shell flower nature craft is an excellent fine motor activity for kids. Once finished they make beautiful home decor and are a great gift idea for Mother’s Day, Christmas, and birthday’s!
You May Also Like
- DIY Shell Flowers
- Shell Frames with Handprint Keepsake Gift
- Stone and Shell Owl Craft
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls for pretend play and matching games
- Nature Scavenger Hunt
- DIY Leave-in Conditioner and Detangling Spray
- DIY Rainbow Colored Blocks