Learn how to make homemade scented bath salts with these easy step-by-step instructions.
Making homemade scented bath salts is a simple process that takes mere minutes. All you need to do is assemble the ingredients and combine them into a gift container to make DIY bath salts!
Scented bath salts are a simple homemade gift idea for Christmas or Mother’s Day that kids and adults can make. Scroll down to learn how to make scented bath salts with this simple DIY tutorial.
How to Make Scented Bath Salts
Making homemade scented bath salts is a simple DIY project that even toddlers can make! All you need are a few simple ingredients, and a container to put them in, and you are good to go!
Homemade Bath Salts InGredient List
- Epsom salt
- Therapeutic grade essential oils
- Sugar shaker, canning jars, or any other container. (I know it’s fragile, but glass is best!)
Sugar shakers and canning jars of various sizes make great gift containers for DIY scented bath salts. Four-ounce mason jars make perfect little single-serve scented bath salt containers, while the tall skinny Twelve-ounce canning jars and french canning jars have room for several servings in a single container.
DIY Bath Salts Step-By-Step Instructions
Follow the steps below to make DIY scented bath salts. A few of our favorite scented bath salt DIY recipes are listed directly below these easy step-by-step directions.
Step 1 – measure Epsom Salt into a container
- While measureing the amount that goes into it, add epsom salts to a container.
Step 2 – Add Essential Oils to Epsom Salts
- Add approximately 4-6 drops of therapeutic grade essential oils per 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts.
Step 3 – Mix Essential Oils into Epsom Salt
- Mix the essential oils into the empsom salt with a gentle shake or stir of a chopstick.
4 DIY scented bath salt Recipes:
Homemade scented bath salts make an excellent homemade gift idea and are great for baths and foot baths. Here are a few of my favorite homemade scented bath salt recipes:
1. Invigorating Bath Salt Recipe
- 2-3 drops (each) of lemon and peppermint essential oil per 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts.
2. Relaxing Bath Salt Recipe
- 4-6 drops of lavender essential oil per 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts.
3. Mood Lifting Bath Salt Recipe
- 4-6 drops of orange essential oil per 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts.
4. Congestion-Busting Bath Salt Recipe
- 2-3 drops (each) of eucalyptus and pepepermint essential oil per 1/2 cup of Epsom Salt.
How to Use Scented Bath SAlts
- Pour approximately two ounces of scented bath salts into a footbath, or four ounces into a bath filled with hot water.
- Add moisturizing bubble bath (optional).
- Soak for 20 minutes to experience the full benefits of the invigorating, relaxing, mood-lifting, or congestion-busting scented bath salts recipe.
Homemade Scented Bath Salts
Make scented bath salts for your own personal use, or to give away as gifts. Scented bath salts make a great gift idea for Mother’s Day or Christmas!
More Ways to Use Essential Oils
- Getting Started with Essential Oils for a Healthy Home
- How to Make Natural Cleaning Products
- Homemade Natural Glass and Window Cleaner
- DIY Wood Polish
- 7 Teething Tips to Naturally Sooth Your Baby
- Scented Cotton Ball Matching Game
- DIY Leave in Conditioner and Detangling Spray
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. Please keep essential oils out of the reach of children.