I’ll be honest. I don’t like to clean and the thought of taking the time out of my busy schedule to make my own cleaning products made even a busy mom like me feel lazy.
The mere thought of making my own products caused a line of excuses to march out of my mouth. But the chemicals in store-bought cleaners are toxic, even the so-called environmentally friendly ones. I was constantly finding things like sulfates and parabens in them that are not friendly to the environment at all!
Then I invested in a Young Living Essential Oil starter kit and all of a sudden my sense of inertia disappeared. Not only did I forget my excuses… I excitedly raced into my kitchen to pull out all the supplies I already had to use with my oils.
That was when it hit me. I’m not lazy! I just needed essential oils at the ready in my house!
I love to make my own natural cleaning products now. Thanks to my starter kit, I always have everything I need right at my disposal. And they smell sooo good I actually like to clean — who knew!?
This post contains affiliate and independent distributor links — opinions are my own. Thank you for your support!
Natural Wood Cleaner & Polish
- 1 1/2 c distilled water
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil (natural cleaner & stain remover)
This all natural wood polish recipe is wonderful for both wood furniture and wood floors. Place all ingredients in a 16 ounce glass spray bottle and your ready for some serious cleaning. Do not use a plastic bottle. Citrus essential oils will eat through it and your bottle will eventually disintegrate.
For your convenience I have provided an Amazon Affiliate link to the glass spray bottle I use. I earn a very small commission at no extra cost to you [Empty Amber Glass Spray Bottle – Large 16 oz Refillable Container w/ Mist and Stream Nozzle Settings] Clear and blue bottles are also available if you prefer.
I use all three colors for different cleaning solutions so I know which is which. My all-purpose cleaner is blue, my glass cleaner is clear, and my wood cleaner is amber. You are welcome to use whichever color you like.
The bonus of using glass bottles is that I don’t mind them sitting around the house ready to use. They look nice as opposed to ugly plastic bottles with logos on them. The bonus? Having them strategically placed around the house makes my husband more likely to use them — awesome!
Essential Oils have been the ticket to my lazy mom success. They are cleaning agents that also make everything smell wonderful–naturally. Triple win!
Ready to Get Started with Essential Oils?
Here is the easiest and most affordable way! When you purchase a Young Living Premium Starter Kit (which is, on its own, a super deal at $160), you will receive:
- The Everyday Essential Oils Collection: Includes Peppermint, Lavender, Lemon, Frankincense, R.C.™, Thieves®, PanAway®, Purification®, Copaiba, and DiGize™.
- Young Living Diffuser
- Stress Away™ essential oil (5 ml)
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- An additional twelve essential oil sample size products
- Welcome to Young Living booklet
- Member Resource Guide
- Young Living Roadmap to Success
- Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide
- 10 Love It? Share It! Bottles and Essential Oil Cards
Plus, I will help you “get started” by kicking in these AWESOME EXTRAS:
- $20 Amazon Giftcard: Just because I appreciate you!
- Access to The Oil Nation and Oil Explorers Facebook Groups: Smart groups where you can ask essential oil questions and learn from over 1,000 members.
- Introductory EmailCourse: Covers essential oils basics.
*This offer is valid in US and Canada only.
How to Sign Up for a Premium Starter Kit:
If you are ready to buy a starter kit, then be sure to sign up as a wholesale member (with one of the premium starter kits) through the instructions below.
1. Head over to the Young Living page and fill out your information. (Signing up as a wholesale member does not mean you have to ever sell anything. It simply gives you that option if you so choose and the ability to make Young Living Oil purchases at wholesale prices.)
2. Be sure the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices.
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 2606303 (so I can send you your freebies!).
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds here and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation is the Premium Starter Kit or Premium Starter Kit Military APO/FPO (and those are the onez where you get all of the extras from me). Those are the kits with oils that you will likely use almost every single day! You can get the kit that’s $150, or you can get a kit for $160 with an even nicer essential oil diffuser!
6. During the sign up process, please note that Step 3 is optional. The Young Living Essential Rewards (ER) program is great. It allows you to save on shipping costs and earn credit for every ER purchase along with monthly bonuses. You can always sign up for this voluntary program later; I’ll send over an email with more details on that after you sign up.
7. Go through the checkout process.
8. After you sign up, please fill out the following form with the promotion code RHYTHMSOFPLAY so I can send you your freebies!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
IMPORTANT: This promotion is only available when you sign up with the sponsor ID and enroller ID as #2606303! If you recommend this promotion to a friend (or group of friends) and they sign up through this promotion, then please let me know so that you can get credit for referring them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does signing up make me a distributor?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. In fact, 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
There are absolutely NO minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order.
If you do find yourself making regular purchases each month, then Young Living has a rewards program (Essential Rewards) where you can make a nice percentage back in product credit each month on all of your purchases. So that’s a neat program to join if you find that you *want* to purchase regularly (but it’s not a requirement for being a wholesale member).
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oils companies?
It does seem like a new essential oils company pops up every day, doesn’t it?
I can’t speak to the quality of other companies, but I can say that Young Living was the only company in my research of essential oil companies that could answer all of my questions about purity in a way that was satisfactory to me.
Young Living was the only company that has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown), could absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not), and only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company I researched goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who have to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing.
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several.
I feel like it’s a trust step either way (anyone could be lying) but I felt the most comfortable trusting Young Living since they are a full-disclosure company. ANYONE can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process. That’s not an option with any other company.
How will I know which oils to use for what?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook groups designed specifically for questions about essential oils!
The reference guide that I’m giving away as part of this promotion is also a HUGE resource. You can look up almost anything in it and see which essential oils can be helpful.
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
The answer to this one was surprising to me when I first got my starter kit! Young Living actually has an entire line of personal care products, supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, and more! Almost every product incorporates essential oils (for example, Frankincense Essential Oil is absolutely wonderful in facial products), but there’s a wide variety of products available.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. Please keep essential oils out of the reach of children.
Other Articles Using Essential Oils:
- Getting Started with Essential Oils for a Healthy Home
- The Lazy Mom’s Guide to Making Natural Cleaning Products
- The Lazy Mom’s Guide to Making Natural Glass Cleaner
- The Lazy Mom’s Guide to Making Natural Wood Polish
- 7 Teething Tips to Naturally Sooth Your Baby
- DIY Scented Bath Salts
- DIY All Natural Chemical-Free Outdoor Spray
- Scented Cotton Ball Matching Game
- DIY Leave in Conditioner and Detangling Spray
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss the next post!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!