DIY wooden egg craft ideas are a fun alternative to traditional egg decorating for Easter and the Spring Vernal Equinox. Decorating wooden eggs is a fun way to create Easter keepsakes that you can re-use again year after year.
Wooden eggs are much better than plastic eggs filled with candy on Easter morning. Kids love to hunt them down as much as they like to find them in their Easter Baskets.
Wooden eggs also make gorgeous spring home decor and are perfect for spring nature tables.
DIY Wooden Egg Craft Ideas for Easter
Below I have found some beautiful ways to decorate wooden eggs. Try your hand and some of these or get inspired to come up with your own creation. I’ve marked (*) the wooden egg craft ideas featured in the photos above and below so they are easy to find.
15 DIY Wooden Egg Craft Ideas
- How to Dye Wooden Eggs | Plain Vanilla Mom*
- DIY Watercolor Wooden Easter Eggs | Fun at Home with Kids for Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Primitive Easter Egg Tutorial | Homespun Hugs and Calico Kisses
- DIY Color Block Eggs | Honest to Nod
- Natural Wood Hand Painted Easter Eggs | Creative Juice
- Rustic Industrial Eggs | Cherished Bliss
- Painted Wooden Eggs | Fireflies & Mudpies – This craft uses smaller robin eggs, but the technique could be done on any size wooden egg.
- Thumbprint Easter Egg Decorating | Childhood 101
- How to make Star Wars Painted Easter Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys*
- DIY Resurrection Eggs | Frugal Fun for Boys
- Owl Easter Eggs | Adventure in a Box
- Space Eggs | Adventure in a Box*
- Story Eggs | Mama Roots
- DIY Wooden Easter Eggs*
- Easter Chicks Wooden Egg Craft*
8 Other Egg Craft Ideas Perfect for Wooden Eggs
The egg crafts below were not made using wooden eggs by the crafters that created them. They were made using real or faux eggs, but I think they would be perfect for decorating wooden eggs so I decided to include them below.
- Emoji Easter Eggs | Studio DIY*
- Galaxy Easter Eggs Tutorial | Dream a Little Bigger
- Chalkboard Easter Eggs | Craft Dictator
- Embroidery Floss Wrapped Eggs | Craftberry Bush*
- Embroidery Thread Easter Eggs | Family Focus Blog
- Yarn Wrapped Easter Eggs | The Happy Housie
- Twine Wrapped Eggs | Domestically Speaking
- Crochet Covered Easter Eggs | Flax and Twine
DIY wooden egg craft ideas are a fun alternative to traditional Egg decorating for Easter and the Spring Vernal Equinox.
Decorating wooden eggs is a fun way to create Easter keepsakes that you can re-use again year after year. Kids love to hunt them down on Easter egg hunts as much as they like to find them in their Easter Baskets as a non-candy alternative.
Wooden Easter eggs like these also make gorgeous spring home decor. Happy crafting!
You May Also Like
- Eco-Friendly Easter Baskets Tips and Ideas
- How to Make an Easter Tree
- How to Color Natural Brown Eggs
- 15 Ways to Celebrate the Spring Vernal Solstice
- Spring Nature Table
Latest posts by nell (see all)
- Book Inspired Rainbow Science STEAM Activities for Kids - February 16, 2017
- Rainbow Watercolor Raised Salt Paint Shamrock - February 14, 2017
- 15 Ways to Celebrate the Spring Vernal Equinox - February 11, 2017