Contribute to Planet Earth and the health of our environment with an Earth Day Pledge. Try any of the fun Earth Day pledge ideas and examples below.
Help make this world a greener, more sustainable place to live with any of these six fun Earth Day pledge ideas. The choices we make today create the world of tomorrow. Let’s pledge to do our part to leave planet Earth a greener and more sustainable place to live with an Earth Day Pledge!
Choose from the Earth Day pledge examples below or find the inspiration to create a pledge to the Earth, the planet, or the natural world in your own way with this list of fun ideas. You might also enjoy this post–> Green Living Tips: 12 Ways to Reduce Climate Change.
How to Make an Earth Day Pledge
Encourage children to pledge the Earth with any of the great Earth Day pledge ideas below. The general idea is to promise to honor our planet and the natural world surrounding us. So download the Earth Day printable activity pack, or scroll down to see six fun and easy Earth Day pledge examples you can try.
Choose at least one idea (or make up your own) and invite your children, students, family, or co-workers to join you in pledging the Earth for Earth Day! You might also enjoy this list of Fun Ways to Celebrate Earth Day.
6 Ways to Make a Pledge for Earth Day: Fun Ideas for Kids and Adults
There are several ways to pledge the Earth for Earth Day every day. Because any day is a great day to make a promise to the Earth. So here’s a list of six great ideas with examples you can choose from. Another great idea you can try is planting a tree for Arbor Day or Earth Day.
1. Pledge to Make “One Small Change” in Honor of Earth Day
Commit to making at least one small change in honor of Earth Day with this fun activity for kids and adults. This pledge for Earth Day can teach children that a tiny change can make a BIG difference over time. Download this printable Earth Pledge–>HERE!
Completing this pledge to the Earth activity idea is a great way to get kids thinking about the small changes they can make to reduce climate change that make a BIG impact. Feel free to commit to one tiny change or create a list of the changes you can make, for your family, over time with this printable pledge to the Earth.
“I promise to protect the Earth and all of Mother Natures’ varied creatures by doing my part to reduce climate change and protect our natural resources by making small changes that make a big difference.”Nell Regan Kartychok (founder of Rhythms of Play)
Or, Create Your Own “One Small Change” Pledge to the Earth
Write your “one small change” Earth Day pledge or list of “small changes that make a big difference” down on a piece of paper or into your bullet journal. Title the page, or start your journal entry or essay with any of the following examples and ideas:
- I can help save the Earth by:
- One small change that I can make that will make a big impact is:
- I can make this world a greener place to live by:
- My list of small changes that make a big difference are:
- I hereby promise to make small changes for a brighter future and a better tomorrow, one action at a time, starting with:
- But please note that Nell Regan Kartychok authored these Earth Day quotes and phrases, which are copyright protected. So they are for your personal use only.
One Small Change Earth Day Pledge Ideas
For example, you can ditch single-use plastic straws as your “one small change.” Invest in stainless steel straws for the home and portable reusable straws for use on the go.
My daughter was addicted to plastic straws, and I cringed every time she used them until the day that I invited her to watch THIS YouTube video. Today she has joined the campaign against plastic straws and other single-use plastics.
For more ideas, visit 12 Green Living Tips to Share with Children. In it, you can find several small ways you and your family (or classroom) can pledge to make a big difference!
Related: How to Use the Power of Habit to Change Your Life
“One small change can make a world of difference.“~Nell Regan Kartychok. (Founder of Rhythms of Play)
2. Pledge Allegiance to the Earth, Mother Nature, or the Universe
Place your right hand over your heart and pledge your allegiance to the Earth, the planet we live on, Mother Nature, the universe, or the birds and the bees, the flowers, and the trees. Download the Pledge of Allegiance to the Earth Printable–> HERE!
- I pledge allegiance to the Earth–or the planet, nature, etc. Begin using your own words and personalize your pledge of loyalty to the earth however you wish.
- You can see a few more Earth Day pledge of allegiance examples below.
- Again, please note that Nell Regan Kartychok authored the Pledge of Allegiance to the Earth written below, so it is protected under copyright laws. And is for non-commercial use only.
Earth Day Pledge of Allegiance Examples
“I pledge allegiance to the Earth and the universe that it inhabits. May the spirit of our planet, and all of Mother Natures’ varied creatures, including human beings, be united, as one, in love.”~Nell Regan Kartychok. (Founder of Rhythms of Play)
Download the Earth Day printable with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Earth quote above to print and hang–> HERE! Or use it and this other beautiful “I pledge allegiance to the Earth” poster to use for inspiration to write your own pledge to planet Earth. Or, grab this cool Earth Word Art Print!
3. Pledge your Gratitude
Pledge gratitude to the earth, Mother Nature, or the natural world. Pledging gratitude for the planet and its creatures can help kids feel grateful for the land and everything the Earth can provide. You might also enjoy this list of Gratitude Activities for kids and adults and these Gratitude Books for Kids that inspire thankfulness.
Pledge of Gratitude for the Earth Ideas
- Use this gratitude journal printable to write or draw everything about the earth you are grateful for.
- Invite children to write a short essay about something they are grateful for on the earth or in the natural world.
- Create a bullet journal entry or write a short essay using the gratitude for the Earth pledge examples below:
- I am thankful for the Earth because…
- I am grateful for our planet because…
- I am thankful for nature because…
- I am pleased that the earth has…
4. Pledge (or Profess) Your Love to the Earth, the Planet, or Mother Nature
Doing this activity helps kids gain a sense of connection and appreciation for their planet and the natural world. These thoughts can positively change how children relate to their world and help them learn to be more responsible for reducing climate change.
- Pledge your love by reciting a favorite poem about the earth or the natural world.
- Hug a tree.
- Climb to the top of a mountain and whoop with joy, or do or say whatever comes naturally to you.
- List what you love about the Earth, our planet, mother nature, or the universe.
“No job is too big, and no action too small; the care of our Earth is a job for us all.“Nell Regan Kartychok (founder of Rhythms of Play)
Related: Spring Bucket List of Fun Activities for Kids
5. Pledge to Protect the Earth or the Natural World
Invite children to think about how they can protect the Earth (or the natural world) to help them become stewards of a better tomorrow. Completing this exercise is another way to help children see that every little thing they do matters a whole lot.
Making this pledge to the Earth (or nature) can help kids understand that they CAN do things that create positive change. Use the Earth Day pledge printable or the writing prompt below. Or feel free to make up your own pledge to the Earth. You might also enjoy these fun ways to Encourage Kindness to Nature.
- I pledge to protect our planet, the universe, and the natural world by:
- I, __________________________, pledge to do my part to take care of the Earth and all of Mother Natures’ varied creatures and resources by:
- Again, the phrases above are written by Nell Regan Kartychok and are thus protected under copyright laws. Use them for non-commercial purposes only.
6. Make an Earth Day Pledge Outside
It’s amazing how powerful an Earth Day pledge can become when you say it aloud outside in the natural world. It can be a very inspiring experience for children and adults. So feel free to take the pledge you have written, imagined, or created and turn it into an outside activity. Hold a meaningful elaborate ceremony with your Earth Day pledge. Or keep it simple by stating one or more of your pledges to the Earth aloud. Make it something meaningful for you, and you can’t go wrong. You might also enjoy Get Outside & Connect.
Earth Word Art Print
Here’s a fun Earth Day word art poster to hang on the wall or give as a gift!Earth Word Art Print
Make a Pledge to the Earth
Celebrate Earth Day by making an Earth Day Pledge. These Earth Day activities can help kids learn that they can make positive changes to help make this world a better place to live. Download the printable Earth Day activities pack today!
And don’t forget to check out Green Living Tips: 12 Ways to Help Reduce Climate Change. The choices we make today will create the world of tomorrow. So, let’s pledge to do our part to leave it greener than we found it.
Another straightforward way to make our world greener (literally) is to plant a tree for Arbor Day or Earth Day. So click on the link to learn how to plant a small tree.
For more seasonal family fun, visit—> Celebrate. And learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
Leave a Comment