Make an Earth Day pledge
Make an Earth Day Pledge to help kids feel like they are making a contribution to the future of our planet.
The choices we make today will create the world of tomorrow… Let’s pledge to do our part to leave it greener than we found it.
Choose from any of the ideas listed below or find the inspiration to create your own pledge.
Fun Ways to Make an Earth Day Pledge
This post is a part of the Get Outside & Connect Series. Click on the link to learn more about it.
How to Make an Earth Day Pledge
Make an Earth Day Pledge. The idea is to make a promise of some kind to honor the planet we live on.
There are many ways you can choose to do this. Use any of the ideas below or create your own pledge. Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Pledge to Make Changes
Make a commitment to make small changes. Doing this activity is a great way to get your kids thinking about how they can make the world a better place.
I found a great printable by Frugal Life Project Printable Earth Day Pledge for Kids that you can use for this pledge.
You can also use one of the following ideas:
- Write your pledge: I can help save the Earth by…
- Pledge to make one small change. For some ideas see Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Get It.
2. Pledge your Allegiance
Place your right hand over your heart and Pledge your allegiance.
- I pledge allegiance to our planet… Begin using your own words and complete it however you wish.
I found a few beautiful posters you can find HERE. (Not affiliated)
3. Pledge your Gratitude
This pledge will help kids begin to feel grateful for what the earth provides for them.
- I am thankful for the Earth because…
- I am grateful for our planet because…
4. Pledge (or Profess) Your Love
Doing this activity helps kids gain a sense of connection and appreciation for the planet they inhabit. These thoughts can lead to positive changes in the way they relate to their world.
- Pledge your love by saying a poem, hugging a tree, climbing to the top of a mountain… do or say whatever works for you.
- Make a list of the things you love about the Earth.
5. Pledge to Protect
This is another way to help kids see that what they do matters. Thinking about how they can protect the Earth begins to help them understand that they can do things that create positive change in the world. Use the following prompt or make up your own.
- I pledge to protect our planet by…
6. Take it Outside
It’s amazing how meaningful these statements can become when you state them aloud outside. It can be a very powerful experience.
Take what you have written down, imagined, and/or created and turn it into an outside activity. You can do some sort of small meaningful ceremony of some kind, or just simply state one or more of your pledges to the Earth. Make it something meaningful for you and your family and you can’t go wrong.
Celebrate Earth Day by making an Earth Day Pledge. This Earth Day activity helps kids learn that they can make positive changes to help make this world a better place to live.
You May Also Like
- Get Outside and Connect
- Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Get It
- 8 Reasons I Allow My Child to go Barefoot
- Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!