Earth Day Pledge Ideas – Make a contribution to Planet Earth, and the health of our environment, with an Earth Day Pledge. Try any of the fun ideas below.
The choices we make today will create the world of tomorrow–Let’s pledge to do our part to leave it greener than we found it! Make a Pledge to the Earth to make this world a greener, more sustainable place to live with any of these six fun Earth Day pledge ideas.
Choose from the Earth day pledge ideas listed below or find the inspiration to create a pledge to the Earth, the planet, or the natural world. You might also enjoy this post–> Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Get It.
Related: Fun Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
How to Make an Earth Day Pledge
Encourage children to make an Earth Day pledge. The idea is to create a promise to honor the planet we live on and the natural world that surrounds us.
Scroll down to see six fun and easy ways to make a pledge for Earth Day. Choose at least one idea, and invite your children, students, family, or co-workers to join you in pledging the Earth for Earth Day!
6 Ways to Make a Pledge for Earth Day: Fun Ideas for Kids and Adults
There are many fun ways that you can make an Earth day pledge. Here are six great ideas you can choose.
1. Pledge to Make “One Small Change” in Honor of Earth Day
Commit to making at least one small change in honor of Earth Day. This Earth Day pledge can teach children that a tiny change can make a BIG difference over time.
Completing this Earth Day activity idea is a great way to get kids thinking about the small changes they can make to make this world a greener place to live. Feel free to commit to a tiny change, or create a list of the changes you can make, for your family, over time.
One Small Change Earth Day Pledge
Write your “one small change” Earth Day pledge or list of “small changes that make a big difference” down on a piece of paper or into your bullet journal. Title the page, or start your journal entry with any of the following ideas:
- I can help save the Earth by:
- One small change that I can make that will make a big difference over time is:
- I can make this world a greener place to live by:
- My list of small changes that make a big difference:
One Small Change Earth Day Pledge Ideas
For example, many people choose to ditch the single-use plastic straw as their “one small change.” Invest in stainless steel straws for the home and a two-pack of portable telescopic reusable straws for use on the go.
My daughter was addicted to plastic straws, and I cringed every time that she used them until the day that I invited her to watch THIS YouTube video. Today she has joined the campaign against plastic straws and other single-use plastics.
For more ideas, visit 12 Green Living Tips to Share with Children. In it, you can find all kinds of small ways that you and your family can pledge to make a big difference!
“One small change can make a world of difference.“~Nell Regan K. (Founder of Rhythms of Play)
2. Pledge Allegiance to the Earth, Mother Nature, or the Universe
Place your right hand over your heart and pledge your allegiance to the Earth, the planet we live on, Mother Nature, the universe, the birds and the bees, the flowers, and the trees.
- I pledge allegiance to the Earth–or the planet, nature, etc. Begin using your own words and personalize your pledge of loyalty to the earth however you wish. You can see a few more Earth Day pledge of allegiance examples below.
Earth Day Pledge of Allegiance Examples
“I pledge allegiance to the Earth and the universe that it inhabits. May the spirit of our planet, and all the kingdoms of plants, animals, and Mother Natures many varied creatures, including human beings, be united, as one, in love.”~Nell Regan K. (Founder of Rhythms of Play)
3. Pledge your Gratitude
Pledge gratitude to the earth, Mother Nature, or the natural world. Pledging gratitude for the planet and its creatures can help kids feel grateful for the land and everything the Earth can provide.
Pledge of Gratitude for the Earth Ideas
- Use this FREE “I Am Grateful for” gratitude journal printable to write or draw everything about the earth you are grateful for.
- Invite children to write a short essay about something they are grateful for on the earth or in the natural world.
- Create a bullet journal entry or write a short essay using the examples listed below.
- I am thankful for the Earth because:
- I am grateful for our planet because:
- I am thankful for nature because:
- I am pleased that the earth has:
4. Pledge (or Profess) Your Love to the Earth, the Planet, or Mother Nature
Doing this activity helps kids gain a sense of connection and appreciation for their planet. These thoughts can lead to positive changes in the way children relate to their world.
- Pledge your love by reciting a favorite poem about the earth or the natural world, hug a tree, climb to the top of a mountain, and whoop with joy–or do or say whatever works for you.
- Make a list of the things you love about the Earth, our planet, mother nature, or the universe.
“No job is too big, and no action too small, the care of our earth is a job for us all.“
5. Pledge to Protect the Earth or the Natural World
Invite children to think about how they can protect the Earth or the natural world. Completing this exercise is another way to help children see that every little thing they do matters.
Making this pledge to the Earth or nature can help kids understand that they CAN do things that create positive change. Use the following Earth day pledge writing prompt, or make up your own. Example:
- I pledge to protect our planet, the universe, and the natural world by:
Related: Encourage Kindness to Nature
6. Make an Earth Day Pledge Outside
It’s amazing how powerful an Earth Day pledge can become when you say it aloud outside, and it can be a compelling experience for children. Please take what you have written down, imagined, and created and turn it into an outside activity.
You choose to have a small meaningful ceremony or state one or more of your pledges to the Earth. Make it something meaningful for you and your family at home (or in the classroom), and you can’t go wrong.
Related: Get Outside & Connect
Earth Word Art Print
Here’s a fun Earth Day word art poster to hang on the wall, or give as a gift!Earth Word Art Print
Make a Pledge to the Earth
Celebrate Earth Day by making an Earth Day Pledge. This Earth Day activity helps kids learn that they can make positive changes to help make this world a better place to live.
Don’t forget to check out Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Get It.
The choices we make today will create the world of tomorrow. So, let’s pledge to do our part to leave it greener than we found it.
A straightforward way to make our world greener than we found is to plant a tree for Arbor Day or Earth Day. Click on the link to learn how to plant a small tree.
For more seasonal family fun, visit—> Celebrate.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!