Earth Day Pledge Ideas – Make an Earth Day Pledge to help kids feel like they are making a contribution to the future of our environment and the health of our planet.
The choices we make today will create the world of tomorrow… Let’s pledge to do our part to leave it greener than we found it!
Make a Pledge to the Earth to make this world a greener more sustainable place to live with these 6 fun Earth Day pledge Ideas.
Choose from any of the Earth day pledge ideas listed below or find the inspiration to create your own pledge to the Earth, the planet, or the natural world.
Related: Fun Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
How to Make an Earth Day Pledge
Encourage children to make an Earth Day pledge. The idea is to make a promise of some kind to honor the planet we live on and the natural world that surrounds us.
Scroll down for a list of six fun and easy ways to make a pledge for Earth Day. Choose at least one idea, and invite your children, students, family, or co-workers to join you in making a pledge to the Earth for Earth Day!
6 Earth Day Pledge Ideas for Kids and Adults
There are a lot of fun ways that you can make an Earth day pledge. Here are six great ideas to choose from.
1. Pledge to Make “One Small Change” in Honor of Earth Day
Make a commitment to make at least one small change in honor of Earth Day. This Earth Day pledge can teach children that one small change can make a BIG difference over time.
Completing this Earth Day activity idea is a great way to get kids thinking about the small changes that they can make in order to make this world a greener place to live.
Feel free to make a commitment to one small change, or make a list of the changes that can be made by you, or your family, over time.
One Small Change Earth Day Pledge
Write your “one small change” Earth Day pledge, or list of “small changes that make a big difference,” down on a piece of paper or into your bullet journal. Title the page, or start your journal entry with any of the following ideas:
- I can help save the Earth by…
- One small change that I can make that will make a big difference over time is…
- I can make this world a greener place to live by…
- My list of small changes that make a big difference…
One Small Change Earth Day Pledge Ideas
As an example, I know a lot of people that are choosing to ditch the single-use plastic straw as their “one small change.” Simply invest in stainless steel straws for the home and/or a two-pack of portable telescopic reusable straws for use on the go.
My daughter was addicted to plastic straws, and I cringed every time that she used them until the day that I invited her to watch THIS YouTube video. Today she has joined the campaign against plastic straws and other single-use plastics.
For more ideas hop over to have a look at 12 Green Living Tips to Share with Children. In it, you can find all kinds of small ways that you and your family can pledge to make a big difference!
One small change can make a world of difference.Nell Regan
2. Pledge Allegiance to the Earth, Mother Nature, or the Universe
Place your right hand over your heart and pledge your allegiance to the Earth, the planet we live on, Mother Nature, the universe, or, the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees.
- I pledge allegiance to the Earth… Or the planet, to nature, etc. Begin using your own words and personalize your pledge of allegiance to the earth however you wish. A few Earth Day pledge of allegiance examples can be found below.
Earth Day Pledge of Allegiance Examples
I pledge allegiance to the Earth and the universe that it inhabits. May the spirit of our planet, and all the kingdoms of plants, animals, and Mother Natures many varied creatures, including human beings, be united, as one, in love.Nell Regan
The “I pledge allegiance to the earth…” poster, and a few other posters that can be used for inspiration to write your own pledge of allegiance to the earth can be found HERE.
3. Pledge your Gratitude
Make a pledge of gratitude to the earth, Mother Nature, or the natural world. Pledging gratitude for the earth, and, all of its creatures, can help kids feel grateful for the planet and all the things that the earth can provide.
Pledge of Gratitude for the Earth Ideas
- Use this FREE “I Am Grateful for” gratitude journal printable to write, or draw, everything about the earth that you are grateful for.
- Invite children to write a short essay about something that they are grateful for on the earth or in the natural world.
- Create a bullet journal entry or write a short essay using the examples listed below.
- I am thankful for the Earth because…
- I am grateful for our planet because…
- I am grateful for nature because…
- I am grateful that the earth has…
4. Pledge (or Profess) Your Love to the Earth, the Planet, or Mother Nature
Doing this activity helps kids gain a sense of connection and appreciation for the planet they inhabit. These thoughts can lead to positive changes in the way children relate to their world.
- Pledge your love by reciting a favorite poem about the earth or the natural world, hug a tree, climb to the top of a mountain and whoop with joy… do or say whatever works for you.
- Make a list of the things you love about the Earth, our planet, mother nature, or the universe.
No job is too big, and no action too small, the care of our earth is a job for us all.
5. Pledge to Protect the Earth and/or the Natural World
Invite children to think about how they can protect the Earth or the natural world.
This is another way to help children see that every little thing that they do matters.
Making this pledge to the Earth or nature can help kids understand that they CAN do things that create positive change in the world.
Use the following Earth day pledge writing prompt, or, make up your own.
- I pledge to protect our planet, the universe, or the natural world by…
Related: Encourage Kindness to Nature
6. Make an Earth Day Pledge Outside
It’s amazing how powerful an Earth Day pledge can become when you say it aloud outside. It can be a very powerful experience for children.
Take what you have written down, imagined, and/or created and turn it into an outside activity.
You choose to have a small meaningful ceremony of some kind, or just simply state one or more of your pledges to the Earth.
Make it something meaningful for you and your family at home (or in the classroom) and you can’t go wrong.
Related: Get Outside & Connect
Make a Pledge to the Earth
Celebrate Earth Day by making an Earth Day Pledge. This Earth Day activity helps kids learn that they can make positive changes to help make this world a better place to live.
Don’t forget to check out Caring for the Earth: 12 Ways to Help Kids Get It.
The choices we make today will create the world of tomorrow… Let’s pledge to do our part to leave it greener than we found it.
One simple way to make our world a bit greener than we found it is to plant a tree for Arbor Day or Earth Day.
For more seasonal family fun check out our Seasons and Holiday’s Page.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
More Fun Ideas
- Get Outside and Connect
- 8 Reasons I Allow My Child to go Barefoot
- Books That Teach Kids Important Life Lessons
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- 25 Beach Safety Tips from an Ocean Lifeguard Mom
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!