Start a new Christmas tradition with your family this year with the Kindness Elves–a refreshing variation on the Elf on the Shelf that can be used to encourage acts of kindness during the holidays. Children love these cute little Christmas Elves, and you will too!
Start a new Christmas tradition with the Kindness Elves. The Kindness Elves are a Christmas toy for kids that can help encourage children to be kind to others. They love to visit your home during the holidays, and, share the Christmas spirit with your children. But, unlike the elf on the shelf, these sweet little Christmas Elves can be used to encourage children to commit small acts of kindness all year long!
Related: 32 Fun Family Christmas Traditions
Why we Choose the Kindness Elves Over the Elf on the Shelf
The kindness elves are magical little friends that love to encourage children to commit small acts of kindness. My family appreciates this refreshing variation of the Elf on the Shelf nightmare. Sorry, no offense, but I am not a fan.
Tell me, what do The Elf and his mission have to do with the true meaning of Christmas? And, how can the antics of the Elf help my child develop into a well-rounded human being?
I know they are funny, but the Elf on the Shelf is nothing but bad news. I really don’t appreciate anyone calling my child naughty or bad. There aren’t any bad children, or adults for that matter–only bad choices. And, it’s up to us as parents to help our children learn to make better ones. Not only can the kindness elves help children learn to make kind choices, but they can also point the way towards choosing compassion over judgment.
No offense to those that love the adventures of The Elf on the Shelf–but he’s not for my family. The messages that the Kindness Elves share with our children, on the other hand, are the type of life lessons I can get behind!
These kind little elves are magical friends that love to sprinkle kindness and joy wherever they go. They love to visit your home at Christmastime, and other special times of the year, to share happiness and spread joy with children.
They encourage children to commit small random acts of kindness for others as opposed to looking at what’s in it for themselves. I’m sorry, but as I see it–The Elf on the Shelf breeds nothing but shame and entitlement.
Have you ever seen a child throw a fit when The Elf was not moved or did not provide a new morning activity, gift, or treat? I have, and the reaction wasn’t very kind at all. I’d personally rather have these cute Christmas elves and a simple stone advent calendar available for my kids to check on in the morning.
10 Reasons to Choose Kindness this Christmas
There are several reasons our family decided to use the Kindness Elves Christmas tradition in our home, instead of the Elf on the Shelf.
Here are the top 10 reasons we choose the Kindness Elves over the Elf on the Shelf:
- The Kindness Elves focus on positive character-building activities.
- They encourage kindness, generosity, and thoughtfulness.
- Kindness Christmas Elves help you motivate the kids to serve others and commit random acts of kindness.
- The Elves model, direct, and prompt easy ways to be kind and helpful.
- There is no shame, blame or naughtiness associated with Kindness Elves.
- Children can learn that it feels good to do things for others, as opposed to expecting others to do everything for them.
- They only share ideas and notice things that are lovely as opposed to pointing out bad behavior.
- Treats and gifts are given ONLY as a way to thank children for their kindness.
- The mission of these cute little Elves in line with the true spirit of Christmas. The holidays are about sharing kindness with one another and encouraging our children to get in on the act, not telling children that they have been naughty or nice.
- They can be used to encourage kindness and teach empathy year round! Click on the link to learn how!
Christmas Kindness Activities for Kids: How to Use the Elves
- The Kindness Elves leave an act of kindness suggestion for your children to find.
- Invite children to look for the latest kindness suggestion from the elves and be inspired to get involved.
- Encourage children to experience how it feels to do something nice for someone else, and, witness the positive effects of kindness.
- Once children have completed their gesture of kindness as suggested, The elves will leave the children a little postcard congratulating them on their act of kindness that your children can record in their Little Book of Big Kindnesses.
- Children wait enthusiastically for the next act of kindness suggestion from their favorite little Elves. Get your own set with our affiliate link HERE!
Related: Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Where to Buy Kindness Elves
The Kindness Christmas Elves are currently only available for purchase on their website.
There are several different Elf colors, bundles, and sets available to make it possible to go on kindness adventures with the elves year-round. Get your own set of these sweet little Christmas elves with our affiliate link HERE!
Related: 15 Ways to Raise a Helper
Different Kind of Elves for Christmas
Start a new Christmas tradition with your family this year with the Kindness Elves. The Kindness Elves are the elves that carry the spirit of Christmas into your home.
Experience the amazing impact the Kindness Elves have in the home by encouraging kids to carry out daily Acts of Kindness for their siblings, friends, and neighbors. Children love the Kindness Elves and you will too!
Try making and passing Rainbow Sprinkle Star Kindness Cookies as an act of kindness with the kids!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.