Turn your favorite photographs into personalized picture keychains. Personalized photo keychains are an easy homemade gift idea for Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day or a birthday. Photo charms also make a great wedding favor idea. Make custom picture keychains with this easy step by step personalized photo keychain tutorial!
Making custom photo keychain charms is so easy, even children can make homemade keychains with pictures! Make DIY keychains with pictures for parents, grandparents, or someone you love today!
Related: Picture Necklace Photo Jewelry
Related: Fingerprint Art Keychain Charms
How to Make a Personalized Picture Keychains and Photo Charms
Gather photo keychain craft supplies, and, follow the easy step by step picture keychains directions to make photo key chains.
Related: DIY Gifts for Him or Her
DIY Picture Keychain Charm Craft Supplies
Choose the type of photo charm pendant shapes that you would like to use to make DIY photo charms from the materials list below.
- Small personal photographs
- Detail craft scissors or precision knife and cutting mat
- Diamond Glaze
- Photo pendant charms with glass cabochon – photo keychain making options (choose at least one photo charm from the list below):
- Key ring for picture keychains (choose at least one photo key chain and key ring)
Related: Thumbprint Heart Keychain Pendant
DIY Photo Keychain Charms Video Tutorial
This step by step photo charm video tutorial shares how to make picture necklace photo jewelry. Picture keychains are made the exact same way that picture necklaces are. The only difference is the final step. Put personalized picture keychains onto a keyring with a lanyard instead of a necklace to finish them.
Written photo keychain directions can be found below the picture charms video.
Related: Beautiful Homemade Gifts
Personalized Photo Keychains Step By Step Jewelry Making Tutorial
Step 1 – Select a photograph or photographs to make into personalized photo keychain charms
- Select a photograph to make one photo keychain or several photographs to make a bunch of picture keychains.
- Place a glass cabochon over each photograph to find the pictures that will fit into the picture keychain photo charm pendant trays.
Step 2 – Trace glass cabochon over each photo to create a keychain picture frame
- Place glass cabochon over the photo and use a marker to trace it. Skip this step if you will be using a precision knife and cutting mat to cut out the photograph or photographs for your personalized photo charms.
Step 3 – Cut out the photograph or photographs for picture keychain photo charms
- Use detail scissors or a precision knife and cutting mat to cut out the photograph or photographs for the number of photo keychain charms that you want to make.
Step 4 – Glue the photograph into the photo keychain charm pendant tray
- Use diamond glaze adhesive to glue a photograph into a picture keychain pendant tray of the same shape.
- Use a wet cloth to wipe edges of photo charms to clean off any excess adhesive.
- Allow photo keychain charms to dry overnight.
Step 5 – Attach Photo Charms to Keychains to Finish Picture Keychains
- Open the split ring and attach the lanyard swivel hook to the personalized picture keychains.
Related: DIY Mother-Daughter Necklace Set
More Ideas for Personalized Keychain Charms and Pendant Necklaces
There are lots of fun and easy ways to use pendants to make homemade personalized necklaces and keychain charms. Click on the links for all the DIY details!
- Picture Necklaces Photo Jewelry Tutorial
- Fingerprint Flower Necklaces or Keychains
- Fingerprint art necklaces and/or Fingerprint Art Keychain and Backpack Charms
- Thumbprint Heart Necklaces and/or Thumbprint Heart Keychains (pictured below)
Personalized Photo Keychain Picture Charms Homemade Gift Idea
Custom picture keychains also make a great wedding favor idea. Turn your favorite photographs into one of a kind keepsakes that friends and family will treasure for years to come!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.
If you Liked Personalized Picture Keychains, You May Also Like:
- DIY Photo Necklace
- Ultimate Family Gift Guide
- DIY Projects for Do it Yourself Families
- DIY Keepsake Gifts for Him or Her
- Beautiful Handmade Gifts Even Kids Can Make
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to create a life you LOVE!