This DIY Waldorf Square was inspired by Grimm’s Waldorf Square. The colors are not exactly the same as Grimm’s version, but I think it turned out beautifully. Both kids and adults love them. They are the perfect thing to tinker with on coffee tables and desks.
The Waldorf Square geometrical puzzle encourages 3-dimensional thinking and inner flexibility. Many variations of shapes, colors and patterns are possible. Both kids and adults can exercise their geometric and spatial thinking by experimenting with this puzzle’s pieces.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support this blog!
DIY Waldorf Square
- 1 Inch Wood Blocks (48 Pack) Made in USA
- Sargent Liquid Watercolor Paints And/or Sax Liquid Watercolor Paints
- Ball 8-Ounce Jelly Jars
- Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Glue, 8-Ounce
- Old Towel and rag
- Color Blocks – I used some of the Sargent and some of the Sax Liquid watercolors to make this set. I provide an explanation of how to color the blocks, and a color comparison of both brands in DIY Rainbow Colored Wooden Blocks. You can mix and dilute one set to get color combinations you would like to use. If I had to choose one set I would use the Sargent colors. The number of blocks I used for each brand of paint and color are listed in the photo below.
2. Glue Blocks together into the shapes shown in the photo above. Each photo contains a square, and these 4 squares work together to make the Waldorf square. See below.
As you can see making your own Waldorf square is pretty simple. You can use it to make patterns, as a puzzle, and as blocks. Many variations of shapes, colors and patterns are possible. Both kids and adults can exercise their geometric and spatial thinking by playing with this puzzle’s pieces.
You may also like:
- DIY Rainbow Colored Wooden Blocks
- DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- Beautiful Gifts Kids Can Make
For more ideas follow my DIY Toys, Dolls & Games Pinterest board.
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss the next post!
Latest posts by nell (see all)
- Mom Hats for Messy Hair Don’t Care Days - March 20, 2017
- DIY Mother’s Day Personalized Votive Candle Holder Gift Idea - March 15, 2017
- Super Cool T-Shirts Perfect for Dad - March 9, 2017