DIY Blocks Kids will LOVE!
Every kid should have at least one good set of building blocks. Block play stimulates learning in all domains and is researched to lead toward academic success. These DIY blocks for kids make it easy to have enough for everyone!
Kids love to play with blocks and rainbow peg dolls. Click on the link to learn how to make your own!
The Best DIY Building Blocks for Kids
I have placed this amazing collection of DIY blocks for kids and adults into categories so you can easily find what you are looking for.
There are blocks with the letters of the alphabet, recycled blocks, basic wood blocks, interlocking blocks, colored blocks, painted blocks, house, city, and people blocks, natural blocks, outdoor blocks, and puzzle blocks–whew!
Enjoy making one of these sets or find inspiration to create your own! Click on the link to see the tutorial for each set.
The Best DIY Blocks for Kids: For Baby
- Soft Rattle Blocks for Babies | While She Naps
- Homemade Personalized Fabric Blocks for Baby | And Next Comes L
- DIY Sensory Blocks | Red Ted Art
The Best DIY Blocks for Kids: Alphabet Blocks
- ABC Blocks | This and That Creative
- Awesome ABC Blocks | Mejia Mamma
- Alphabet Blocks | The Questionable Domestic
The Best DIY Blocks for Kids: Recycled Blocks
- Toilet Paper Roll Building Blocks | Swoodson Says
- DIY Cardboard Tube Construction Set | Picklebums
- Cardboard Building Blocks | Sunny Day Family
- Quiet Blocks | I Can Teach My Child
- Jumbo Building Blocks | The SAHM Survival Guide
- Egg Carton Building Blocks | The Pinterested Parent (not pictured)
The Best DIY Blocks for Kids: Plain Wood
- Make Your Own Wooden Blocks | Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls
- How to Make Wooden Blocks | How to Make Toys
- Toy Wood Blocks | Instructables
- Build Blocks | Instructables
The Best DIY Blocks for Kids: Specialty
- Color Blocks | And Next Comes L
- Sand Blocks | Adventure in a Box
- Wooden Mirror Blocks | Adventure in a Box
- Patterned Wood Blocks | The Imagination Tree
- Awesome Interlocking Building Blocks | Improvised Life
- Sticky Blocks | No Twiddle Twaddle
- Wooden Pull Cart and Building Blocks | Woodworking for Mere Mortals
- DIY Pattern Building Blocks | Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls (Not pictured)
DIY Blocks for Kids: Colored & Painted
- Rainbow Colored Wooden Blocks | Rhythms of Play
- Dyed Rainbow “Grimm Style” Wooden Blocks | Fun at Home with Kids
- How to Make Wooden Monster Blocks | Adventure in a Box
- Painted Blocks by Kids | Art Bar
- Make a Monster Blocks | Adventure in a Box
- Wooden Gradient Blocks | Adventure in a Box
- Painted Blocks | The Life Jolie (not pictured)
DIY Blocks for Kids: Houses, Cities & People
- Chalkboard City Blocks | Hellobee
- House Blocks for the Railroad | Adventure in a Box
- Stacking House Blocks | Mer Mag
- Wooden Block Family | Beci Orpin for The Etsy Blog
- Olliblocks | Ollibird
DIY Blocks for Kids: Natural & Outdoor
- How to Make Waldorf-Inspired Nature Blocks | Adventure in a Box
- Cheap & Easy DIY Outdoor Wooden Blocks | Simply Kierste
The Best DIY Blocks for Kids: Puzzles & Games
These DIY puzzles are made of blocks that can be incorporated into block play for even more fun!
Every kid should have at least one good set of blocks. These DIY blocks for kids make it easy to have enough for everyone. Enjoy making one of these sets or find inspiration to create your own!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell has over 20 years of experience working with children and is the founder of Rhythms of Play. She believes in the power of the imagination, learning through play, making this world a greener place to live, and getting outside in all seasons! Learn more…