I came up with the idea for how to make this golden poppy craft while photographing them in my backyard. Now I can enjoy them year round!
Golden Poppy Craft
This golden poppy craft can be made in many colors for many different purposes. They would make a lovely centerpiece or gift for Mother’s Day, weddings, showers, and birthday’s. They would also be perfect for displaying on nature tables, and would be a great addition to a botany unit!
Golden Poppy Craft Supplies
- Orange, gold or yellow felt
- Green or light green pipe cleaners
- Embroidery Floss in orange and/or gold
- Green loom bands
- Glue gun
Golden Poppy Craft Directions
Step 1 – Gather Supplies
Step 2 – Cut petals
- I free-hand cut each petal. You can also cut out several triangles the same size and then round all the corners.
- If you are making these with your kids use a ruler to draw triangles on the felt all the same size. Have your kid(s) cut them out and round each corner.
Step 3 – Make sure you have 4 petals for each flower
Step 4 – Cut pistles
- Cut 5 – 10, 2 – 3″ sections of darning thread for each poppy.
- The stamen will be the top of the pipe cleaner.
Step 5 – Gather parts of each flower together
- 4 Petals, 1 pipe cleaner, 1 loom band, and 5-10, 2-3 inch sections of darning thread.
- This is to be able to work on several flowers at once if you havekids and/or friends helping you.
Step 6 – Place darning thread around pipe cleaner
Step 7 – Place one petal behind thread and pipe cleaner
Step 8 – Place second petal on top
- Use glue gun to place a drop of glue in between petals towards the bottom.
Step 10 – Wrap loom band around base of petals
- Wrap the loom bands as many times as you need to make it nice and tight.
- Gently open petals to bring loom band into position. Be careful not to pull petals out. The loom band should sit approximately 1/4 inch above the bottom of each petal.
Step 12 – Place in small vase and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this golden Poppy craft as much as I did. It’s a fun craft that can easily be displayed almost anywhere. 🙂
This post is a part of the Tour the World by Flower Blog Hop. Click on the link to see the other flowers made by participating bloggers.
You May Also Like
- DIY Rainbow Peg Dolls for pretend play and matching games
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- DIY Leave-in Conditioner and Detangling Spray
- DIY Rainbow Colored Blocks
For more fun ideas follow me on Facebook & Pinterest!
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss anything!
Latest posts by nell (see all)
- Flower Arranging Montessori Practical Life Activity for Kids - February 25, 2017
- DIY Rainbow Ribbon Fairy Wands for Kids - February 23, 2017
- Lucky Four Leaf Clover Nature Collage - February 22, 2017