Apple pie oatmeal tastes just like warm apple pie! It is a healthy breakfast dish that the whole family will love. It has always been a favorite with my family and all of the kids that we have cared for over the years.
Kids love making their own warm oatmeal apple pies!
Apple Pie Oatmeal
How to Make Apple Pie Oatmeal
Apple Pie Oatmeal Ingredients:
All measurements are approximate. Make it to suit your taste.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup milk
- 1 – 4 tsp butter
- 1/2 – 1 cup peeled and chopped apples
- 1 – 4 tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped raisins (optional)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
The above makes approximately 2 adult servings or 4 child-size servings.
- Place oatmeal and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils turn it down to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop apples, raisins, and walnuts.
While the oatmeal is cooking place the milk and butter on the table with cinnamon, and maple syrup or brown sugar.
Leave the chopped apples, raisins, and walnuts on a cutting board or place in little dishes with spoons so each person can put what they like in their bowl.
Most kids prefer and love to feel in charge of what goes into their bowls. They have fun and you won’t hear any whining about walnuts in their bowls if they don’t want them.
Of course, you can skip this step and make each one yourself if you prefer.
I like to put the butter in first followed by the maple syrup. Next, I add the walnuts, raisins, and apples. Then I pour in the milk and sprinkle cinnamon on top – yum!
Apple Pie Oatmeal is the ultimate “healthy” breakfast comfort food. It’s both easy to make and fun for kids to put what they want in their bowls. Enjoy a bowl today!
You may also like:
- YUM! Deliciously Healthy Recipes for Kids
- Top 5 Family Favorite Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Chili Cream Cheese Dip
- Apple and Pomegranate Salad
- How to Turn Pasta Sauce into a Healthy Meal Your Kids Will Eat
- How to Make Chicken Stock
For more ideas follow my board on Pinterest.
Subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss anything!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!