Invite children from toddlers to teens to search for the familiar sights, sounds, smells, and textures of winter outdoors with this fun nature scavenger hunt printable!
Here’s a printable winter scavenger hunt idea for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, elementary school-aged kids, teens, and the young at heart. This winter-themed nature scavenger hunt provides a great way to get the kids outside learning and having fun.
Children of all ages enjoy going on scavenger hunts, but this winter scavenger hunt printable can be just as much fun for grown-ups as it is for kids! Older children and adults might also enjoy searching for the first signs of winter.
Whichever you choose, both scavenger hunt ideas are a great way to educate children about wintertime. As the temperatures drop and the days grow shorter–get outside to look for some of the familiar seasonal sights, sounds, smells, and textures of winter!
Get the printable HERE–> Winter Scavenger Hunt Printable
Printable Winter Scavenger Hunt for Toddlers
Scavenger hunts provide an excellent learning opportunity for children of all ages, and this simple winter scavenger hunt is no exception. Challenge the kids to check off all of the winter-themed items they can find in one day (or throughout the entire season), and of course, feel free to join in the fun. I always do!
Because we know our readers live all over the world and in different climates, we tried to make a winter scavenger hunt that everyone can use–even if you live where it never snows.
You might also enjoy our signs of winter scavenger hunt for elementary-aged children, teens, and adults. Invite children outside to search for the first signs of winter with this fun and educational nature scavenger hunt idea!
How to Go on a Winter Scavenger Hunt
- First, head over to the Rhythms of Play Learning Center to download the printable winter-themed scavenger hunt for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Get the Printable HERE—> Winter Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Then, print the nature scavenger hunt onto cardstock or regular printer paper.
- Next, invite children outside to search for the winter-themed items listed on the printable scavenger hunt. When they spot one of the signs on the printable, put a checkmark in the box next to it.
- Finally, reward children for a job well done once they check off all of the items on the list. (Psst… A trip to the library, ice skating rink, the movies, or a nice warm cup of hot chocolate, makes a great reward!)
Related: Nature Sensory Bin Scavenger Hunt
Nature Scavenger Hunt for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Although this winter scavenger hunt printable is for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners–older children and adults will also enjoy checking off the winter-themed items on the list. And, of course, you can always invite older children to search for the signs of winter for even more of a challenge.
You will notice both printables have similar winter-themed items on the list. However, the pictures on this printable winter scavenger hunt make it easier for children that have not learned how to read to use it. On the other hand, our signs of winter printable is more challenging for older children and adults. For more fun ideas, look at these fun outdoor learning activities for kids.
More Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids
- Nature Sensory Bin Scavenger Hunt
- Seasonal Nature Scavenger Hunt Ideas
- Sensory Card Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Bird Scavenger Hunt Ideas (Included in Birding for Kids)
- Signs of Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Search for the Signs of Autumn Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Signs of Winter Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Search for the Signs of Spring Scavenger Hunt