It’s Friday… and this week we’re in LOVE with pine cones! Each week, one of our 8 co-hosts has been featuring the ideas we LOVE from that week’s theme.
We first fell in love with “Apples“ featured by Sunny Day Family. Then we fell in love with “Leaves” featured by Playground Parkbench. Next we fell in love with “Owls” featured by Crafty Kids at Home, “Pumpkins” featured by Nemscok Farms, “Fall Décor Ideas” featured by Our Good Life, and “Halloween Ideas” featured by Gardenchick.
This link party features thematic link-ups with featured round-ups every Friday! You can link up at any time and contribute any type of family friendly post — recipe, activity, craft, home decor, etc. related to the weekly theme. Each theme will remain open permanently and new themes are added each month! You can find the weekly themes at It’s Friday We’re in Love.
It’s Friday and We’re in LOVE with Pine Cones!
Pine cones can be used for arts, crafts, learning activities, or just for fun! Below you will find a few creative ways they can be used in crafts and activities.
25+ Pine Cone Crafts and Activities
Pine Cone Crafts (Pictured in photo below)
- Pinecone Bird Feeder from East Coast Mommy
- Painting Pine Cones from Simple Fun for Kids
- Pine Cone Autumn Fairy from The Magic Onions
- Pine Cone Bats from Fireflies and Mudpies
- Pine Cone Spiders from Fireflies and Mudpies
- Pine Cone Fireflies from Fireflies and Mudpies
- Montessori Inspired Apple Unit – Pine Cone Apple from Mama’s Happy Hive (Inspired by Fireflies and Mudpies Pine Cone Apple #14)
- Pine Cone Reindeer Ornaments from Fireflies and Mudpies
- Upcycled Pine Cone Ornament from Rain or Shine Mama
- Pine Cone Ornament from Outdoors Mom
- Pine Cone Garland from The Magic Onions
- Pine Cone and Felt Gnome Christmas Ornament from The Magic Onions
- Felted Wool and Pine Cone Christmas Tree from The Magic Onions
Pine Cone Activities (Pictured in photo below)
- Nature Sensory Bin (Including pine cones)
- Pine Cone Drop for Babies from Simple Fun for Kids
- Pine Cone’s and Acorns in the Water Table from Simple Fun for Kids
- Pine Cone’s and Pumpkins Gross Motor Activity from Simple Fun for Kids
- Pinecone and Cinnamon Sensory Soup from And Next Comes L
- Natural Materials for Pretend Play (Includes pine cones)
- Reggio Inspired Preschool Math Tray (Includes pine cones) from And Next Comes L
- Create a Fall Nature Table (Includes pine cones)
- Montessori Inspired Botany Tree Exploration from Mama’s Happy Hive (Includes pine cone seed investigation)
- Pine Cone Science Experiment for Kids – Why do Pine Cones Open? from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Name That Tree! Using Seeds & Leaves for Tree Identification (Includes pine cones) from Edventures with Kids
Want to see all of the other pine cone posts or add yours? Scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on “An InLinkz Link Up.”
If you’re a blogger, we’d LOVE to feature your ideas in a roundup! Click on the link to see all our upcoming themes and add your posts. Every Friday, one of the co-hosts will feature the posts that they LOVE from the weekly theme. Maybe it will be yours!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Keep You and the Kids Happy!
Subscribe to the Rhythms of Play community newsletter to connect with your children, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Nell is an artist, athlete, wife, mother, psychologist, educator, and coach. She believes in the wonder of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, making this world a greener place to live, and getting outside in all seasons!