Thumbprint heart magnets are a cool heart craft and homemade gift idea that kids (and adults) can make. Thumbprint heart glass gem magnets are a fun thumbprint heart craft perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Simple homemade keepsakes like these DIY thumbprint heart magnets are always a favorite with friends and family. Thumbprint heart refrigerator magnets are a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, or a birthday that kids and adults can make. Make some heart magnet glass gem crafts with your children today!
Related: Fingerprint Art Magnet Craft
Related: Heart Candle Holder Craft
DIY Thumbprint Heart Craft Supplies
Gather the following simple craft supplies to make Thumbprint heart magnets.
- Cardstock – bright white heavyweight paper
- Fingerprint ink pads
- Extra-large clear glass gems
- Small craft scissors
- Mod Podge and foam brush
- Craft magnets
Related: Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
Thumbprint Heart Magnet Craft Step by Step Directions
Make thumbprint hearts and turn them into a glass gem magnets following the easy step by step directions below. You can also make thumbprint heart necklaces or thumbprint heart keychains. Click on the link for the tutorial.
Step – 1 Make a Thumbprint or Fingerprint Heart
A fingerprint or thumbprint can be used to make a heart for fingerprint art magnets. Use the easy directions below to make a fingerprint or a thumbprint heart.
- Press thumb into a fingerprint ink pad.
- Gently press thumb with ink onto bright white cardstock.
- Press thumb into a finger ink pad again to reapply ink.
- Tilt thumb slightly and press down again to make a thumbprint heart.
- Allow fingerprint ink to dry before moving on to step 2.
Step 2 – Glue the Thumbprint Heart Art to the Glass Gem
- Place a drop of clear-drying glue on the back (flat side) of the glass gem.
- Don’t use too much or it can smear the thumbprint heart. A little bit goes a long way.
- Put a glass gem on top of the fingerprint heart, glue side down.
- Allow the glue to dry overnight.
Step 3 – Cut Away the Remaining Paper from Heart Craft
- Use a pair of small scissors to trim and cut away paper around the glass gem. It doesn’t need to be perfect. If paper lifts away from the glass gem, glue it down again in the next step.
Step 4 – Glue the Magnet to the Flat Glass Marble with Fingerprint Heart to Complete Heart Craft
- Use a foam brush to paint clear drying glue on top of the heart art paper on the back of the glass gem.
- Go over the edges of the paper to make sure they are glued down.
- Place glass gem glue side down onto a magnet and allow thumbprint heart magnets to dry overnight.
How to Make Thumbprint Heart Magnets Step by Step Video Tutorial
Related: Heart Shaped Scavenger Hunt
More Heart Art Ideas and Heart Crafts
Make Thumb-Buggy fingerprint love bug cards to go with your thumbprint magnets. We have even provided message ideas for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and many other occasions.
Make a handprint art keepsake with a thumbprint heart sitting in the palm. A homemade thumbprint heart craft that parents and grandparents will love!
Pop over to have a look at this gorgeous collection of heart art… Just click on the link to see them all!
We have rounded up a whole slew of thumbprint and fingerprint heart craft and gift ideas you are sure to love!
For even more heart craft projects and heart craft gift ideas, check out the ideas below!
- Love Bugs Heart Craft
- DIY Heart Leaf Lanterns
- Personalized Heart Candle Holder
- Quadruple Heart Candle Holder
- Easy Heart Sewing Projects for Beginners
- Heart with Celtic Knot Woodburn Tutorial
- Salt Dough Heart with Handprint and Footprint
- Tissue Paper Decoupage Heart Picture Frame
- Heart Tree
- Hanging Heart Suncatcher Prism
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
Thumbprint Heart Craft Gift Idea
Thumbprint heart magnets are a fun heart thumbprint craft and gift idea friends and family will LOVE!
Mom, dad and the grandparents always cherish handmade gifts from their children and grandchildren. Heart magnets make an easy gift idea that kids can make!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE.