Updated and Effective as of February 20, 2024
Who We Are:
Our website address is https://rhythmsofplay.com
Rhythms of Play (“Company,” “website,” “site,” “community,” “our,” “we,” “it,” “us,” “I,” or “rhythmsofplay.com”) is an online resource for raising (and educating) creative outdoor kids for parents and educators. It was created and founded by Nell Regan Kartychok in December 2014.
We believe in the magic of childhood, the power of the imagination, learning through play, making this world a greener place to live, getting outside in all seasons, and co-creating a life you LOVE one rhythm at a time! Our website showcases easy arts and crafts for kids (and adults), simple DIY projects, parent and education resources, and seasonal, holiday family fun!
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
The Personal Data We Collect
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Refusing and Deleting Cookies:
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via the following links:
- (a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences(Firefox);
- (c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- (d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- (e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- (f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- Please note that blocking cookies may hurt the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site, including password-protected pages for our email subscribers, may cease to be available to you.
- This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Raptive (“Raptive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and Raptive will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Raptive’s data usage, click here: https://raptive.com/creator-advertising-privacy-statement
- When making a comment on rhythmsofplay.com you may choose to leave a name, email address, and a website address–or none of the above. Your email address will not be shown in the comment section. We only use this information to identify you as the comment maker and do not pass this information on to any third party, add it to our email list, or use it for marketing purposes.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Rhythms of Play will collect your email address if you accept a free printable, purchase a printable, create a login, or choose to subscribe to our newsletter. Your data can be collected and recorded by ConvertKit, our Email Service Provider, Podia Labs Inc., the host of the Rhythms of Play Learning Center, and Raptive via Slickstream if you sign up to save your favorites on the Rhythms of Play website.
- You may unsubscribe at any time from our newsletters using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that you be removed. Please make sure that you are using the same email address that you used to sign up for our newsletter service.
- We use a simple contact form that requires a reader to enter their name and email address in addition to their message. This message is sent directly to the email@example.com inbox where it is stored in a business Gmail account.
- We keep contact form submissions for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information for marketing, add it to our email list, or pass it off to any third-party representative.
Embedded Content from other Websites:
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With:
- We value your privacy at Rhythms of Play and have taken the necessary precautions to comply with the GDPR and the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent unless we are under a legal obligation to do so.
How Long Do We Retain Your Data:
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- The email addresses of our newsletter subscribers are held and hosted by our ESPs ConverKit and Podia until you unsubscribe and ask that it be deleted from our records.
- We keep contact form submissions for customer service purposes, but we will not use the information for marketing, add it to our email list, or pass it off to any third-party representative.
- Rhythms of Play retains Google Analytics user-level and event-level data stored by Google Analytics for 50 months before it is automatically deleted from Analytics’ servers.
Sale of Business or Assets:
- If the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether, by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data:
- You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- If you wish to lodge a complaint about Rhythms of Play or any of our policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents:
- If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- (i) access your personal data
- (ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- (iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
- (iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
- (v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
- If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
- You may exercise any of your rights concerning your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following address:
- 1692 Mangrove Ave #406, Chico, CA 95926
Where We Send Your Data
Third-party Services we use that may use and store your data
- We use Google Analytics, and our email service providers are ConvertKit LLC and Podia Labs Inc. (We use a business Gmail account to respond to your emails from our newsletters and via our contact form). The Rhythms of Play Learning Center is powered by Podia Labs Inc., advertising services are provided by Raptive, web hosting, and data storage backup cloud services are provided by Techsurgeons LLC, and additional backup and web support and development services are provided by iMark Interactive. Visitor comments are checked through an automated spam detection service.
If You Wish to be Removed From the Data
- Please contact email@example.com if you would like us to remove or delete any of your information from rhythmsofplay.com, and we will complete the request within one month. This includes comments you have made on our site and removal from our email list.
Contact Information for Rhythms of Play
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!