Learn how to make beaded snowflake ornaments with our step-by-step video tutorial!
Add a touch of magic to your Christmas tree with a few sparkling beaded snowflake ornaments! Beaded snowflakes are a fun snowflake craft that kids and adults can make for Christmas or the winter solstice. DIY beaded snowflake ornaments look beautiful on the Yule or Christmas tree. And beaded snowflake crafts make gorgeous suncatchers hanging in a sunlit window as they sparkle and shine. You might also enjoy this list of gorgeous DIY Christmas ornaments that kids can help make–or learn how to start and finish a beaded necklace or bracelet.
Related: Fun Family Christmas Traditions
DIY Beaded Christmas Snowflake Ornaments
As a child, beading and jewelry making was my favorite hobby. A creative pastime that I LOVE to share with my daughter today. Learning to make beaded snowflake ornaments is an easy Christmas craft for kids, teens, and adults.
All you need is a few snowflake craft supplies and the desire to create a multitude of gorgeous beaded patterns! Add a touch of sparkle to your festive holiday decor this season with these beautiful beaded Christmas snowflake ornaments.
Follow the simple step-by-step instructions below to learn how to make this simple DIY wire bead snowflake ornament craft. A Christmas craft that both children and adults can enjoy!
Related: DIY Christmas Ornaments
Wire Bead Snowflake Ornament Craft Supplies
- Wire snowflake forms – We used a 3 3/4 inch wire snowflake form, but a star wireframe that is a bit larger also works well.
- Round nose pliers – inexpensive option or professional option
- Ribbon or monofilament line (fishing string)
- Swarovski crystals beads (Use beads sized 2mm to 8mm for smaller wire snowflake forms, and 2mm to 12mm beads to make even bigger snowflakes)
- Faceted (cut) glass beads
What are the Best Beads for Making Beaded Snowflake Ornaments?
Swarovski crystals beads make the most amazing beaded snowflake crafts for Christmas or the winter solstice. Of course, Faceted (cut) glass, or even plastic beads, can work to make bead snowflake Christmas ornaments on wire snowflake forms (and look very pretty), but crystals give that extra bit of sparkle that really shines!
As mentioned in the supply section, beads sized 2mm to 8mm are best for the smaller wire snowflake forms, while larger, 2mm to 12mm beads work on larger wire snowflake forms.
There are lots of Christmas snowflake ornament beading options to make these crafts available today. Use leftover beads to create beaded necklaces and bracelets to give as gifts. In my experience, children love beading, and it helps their hands become strong and supple. Remember, “Nimble fingers make nimble minds.” Learn how HERE–> How to Make Beaded Jewelry.
Related: Clay Snowman Ornament
How to Make Beaded Snowflake Ornaments: Step-by-Step DIY Instructions
Learn how to make beaded snowflake ornaments with the step-by-step directions below. Both children and adults can enjoy this snowflake craft. In the next section, you can “see” how to complete each step in the handmade beaded snowflake video tutorial.
- Choose a simple bead pattern for each wire bead snowflake ornament. Like real snowflakes, an infinite number of beaded patterns are possible for this snowflake craft.
- Place crystal beads on a wire snowflake bead ornament craft form one arm at a time.
- After each beaded snowflake arm is complete, use round nose pliers to turn the wire’s end toward the last bead to close the loop. Grab the tip of the wire form with a pair of round nose pliers. Turn clockwise 1/4 turn. Readjust your grip and turn another 1/4 inch to complete the loop. (This critical step is shown in the video below)
- Repeat until each arm of the wire bead snowflake ornament is complete.
- Use a section of ribbon or monofilament line to hang your homemade beaded snowflake ornaments on the Christmas Tree, Winter Solstice Tree, or a sunlit window.
Related: Rhinestone Pinecone Ornaments
How to Make Beaded Snowflakes Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
This snowflake craft is for making beaded snowflake ornaments to adorn your Christmas Tree. They make lovely suncatchers hanging in a window or on the wall and could be made into a gorgeous winter mobile with a piece of driftwood, a bare brance, or an embroidery hoop. Watch our video to see how easy it is to make beaded snowflake ornaments. This wire bead ornament craft can help you make snowflake craft Christmas decorations to adorn your Christmas tree!
Related: Rustic Acorn Marble Ornaments
Easy Homemade Beaded Snowflake Christmas Ornament Kits
- Beaded snowflake ornaments for kids
- Christmas beaded snowflake ornament kit
- Holiday beaded snowflake ornament kit
- Christmas snowflake beaded ornament kit
- Chrystal spirals beaded ornament kit
Handmade Beaded DIY Snowflake Ornaments
Make some sparkling snowflake ornament Christmas decorations to add a little bling to your Christmas tree this year. Making this beaded snowflake craft is a fun way to spend time connecting with the kids over the holiday break.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked DIY Beaded Snowflake Ornaments, You Might Also Like:
- Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
- Beaded Name Necklace Literacy Activity for Kids
- Ultimate Family Gift Guide: DIY and Readymade Ideas
- Best Christmas Art Project Ideas
- Christmas Traditions and Celebration Ideas
More DIY Christmas Ornament Crafts
- Angel Ornaments
- Rustic Acorn Marble Ornaments
- Rhinestone Pinecone Ornaments
- Clay Snowman Ornament Crafts
- Baby Jesus Ornament
- Snowman Head Ornaments
- Elf Ornaments
- Twig Christmas Tree Ornaments