Bring some magic to your holiday season with these beautiful beaded Christmas snowflake ornaments. This snowflake craft is for making beaded snowflake ornaments to adorn your Christmas tree. A simple DIY wire bead snowflake ornament craft that both children and adults can enjoy. Learn how to make beaded snowflake ornaments with our step by step video tutorial!
Add a touch of magic to your Christmas tree with a few sparkling beaded snowflake ornaments! Beaded snowflakes are a fun snowflake craft that kids and adults can make for Christmas.
Related: Clay Snowman Ornament
DIY Beaded Christmas Snowflake Ornaments
When I was a child beading and jewelry making was one of my favorite hobbies. A hobby I get to share with my daughter today. Learning how to make beaded snowflake ornaments is an easy Christmas craft for kids, teens, and adults. All you need is a few snowflake craft supplies!
Related: DIY Christmas Ornaments
Wire Bead Snowflake Ornament Craft Supplies
- Wire snowflake forms – Click the link to see all of the sizes available. We used a 3 3/4 inch wire snowflake form.
- Round nose pliers – inexpensive option, or recommended option
- Ribbon or monofilament
- Swarovski crystals beads
- Faceted (cut) glass beads
The Best Beads for Making Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
Swarovski crystals beads make the most amazing beaded snowflake crafts. Faceted (cut) glass beads can also be used for wire bead snowflake ornaments. Click on the links to see all of the snowflake ornament craft bead options available.
Leftover beads can be used to make beaded necklaces and bracelets! Click on the link to learn how!
Related: Rhinestone Pinecone Ornaments
How to Make Beaded Snowflake Ornaments: Step by Step Directions
Learn how to make beaded snowflake ornaments with the step by step directions below. Both children and adults can enjoy this snowflake craft. You can see how to complete each step in the handmade beaded snowflake video tutorial in the next section.
- Choose a simple bead pattern for each wire bead snowflake ornament. Like real snowflakes, an infinite number of beaded patterns are possible for this snowflake craft.
- Place crystal beads on wire snowflake bead ornament craft form one arm at a time.
- After each beaded snowflake arm is complete use round nose pliers to turn the end of the wire toward the last bead to close the loop. Grab tip of the wire form with a pair of round nose pliers. Turn clockwise 1/4 turn. Readjust your grip and turn another 1/4 inch to complete the loop. (This important step is shown in the video below)
- Repeat until each arm of the wire bead snowflake ornament is complete.
- Use a section of ribbon or monofilament line to hang your homemade beaded snowflake ornaments.
How to Make Beaded Snowflakes Step by Step Video Tutorial
Watch our video to see how easy it is to make beaded snowflake ornaments. This wire bead ornament craft can help you make gorgeous snowflake craft Christmas decorations to adorn your Christmas tree!
Related: Rustic Acorn Marble Ornaments
Easy Homemade Beaded Snowflake Ornament Kits
- Beaded snowflake ornaments for kids
- Holiday beaded snowflake ornament kit
- Snow crystal beaded snowflake ornament kit
- Chrystal spirals beaded ornament kit
Handmade Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
Make some sparkling snowflake ornament Christmas decorations to add a little bling to your Christmas tree this year. Making this beaded snowflake craft is a fun way to spend time connecting with the kids over the holiday break.
Learn more about Rhythms of Play HERE!
If You Liked DIY Beaded Snowflake Ornaments You May Also Like:
- Christmas Ornaments Kids Can Make
- Beaded Name Necklace Literacy Activity for Kids
- Ultimate Family Gift Guide: DIY and Readymade Ideas
- Best Christmas Art Project Ideas