These simple handmade watercolor tree Christmas cards were made from my daughter’s artwork!
You can have your child paint with watercolors to make these Christmas Tree cards, or you can use artwork that your children have already made. It doesn’t even have to be watercolors to work.
We used my daughter’s wet-on-wet paintings to make these beautiful homemade cards. Click on the links to learn how to make some of your own!
You may also like Reverse Fingerprint Tree Christmas Cards.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping to support this blog!
Watercolor Tree Christmas Cards
If your children are able to use scissors well enough to cut out Christmas tree’s they can help with every step of this card making activity. Younger children can help by creating artwork and gluing the trees to the blank cards.
Watercolor Tree Christmas Cards: Materials
- Your Child’s artwork (To find materials and directions for wet-on-wet watercolor click on the link.)
- 50 Blank Greeting Cards & Envelopes 5×7 A7 White
- Free Christmas Tree Template
- Glue Stick
Watercolor Tree Christmas Cards: Directions
- Gather some of your child’s artwork and/or invite your child to create some wet-on-wet watercolor paintings. I used a few of the wet-on-wet watercolor paintings you see below.
2. Print out the Christmas Tree Template on card stock–you want a nice thick tree to trace. You can use a blank card or cardstock. You can use a Christmas tree cookie cutter to trace instead of the template if you prefer. Cut it out and then trace it in pencil onto the back of your child’s artwork. Tracing it on the back of the artwork will keep pencil marks from showing up on your tree’s once you cut them out.
3. Cut all of your traced Christmas Tree’s out.
4. Glue one Christmas Tree to the front of each blank card.
5. Write in your cards and send them to friends and family.
Watercolor tree Christmas cards are a wonderful way to make use of your children’s art work. Make some to share with your friends and family this Christmas!