Help children learn about seasonal changes with this magical collection of spring books for kids. Just as we change our nature table to reflect the coming season, we change out last season’s books for the next.
If you can’t find these spring books at your local library or bookstore I have provided Amazon affiliate links for your convenience. I earn a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
Spring Books for Kids
I have placed these spring books for kids in the order of the publisher’s recommended ages.
1. Spring Board Book by Gerda Muller (2+)
Muller has a book for every season and we own all of four of them. These are picture books without words. The most wonderful thing about these books is that there are always new things to discover and new stories to tell. The illustrations allow children to connect deeply with each season and the activities involved. We keep this on our spring nature table so my daughter can “read” it on her own whenever she desires.
2. And Then It’s Spring (Booklist Editor’s Choice. Books for Youth (Awards) by Julie Fogliano (2+)
My daughter and I love this simple book. A young boy and his dog dig, plant, wait, and wait for spring — lovely.
3. Spring is Here! by Heidi Pross Gray (2+)
This is a cute picture book that welcomes spring with familiar pictures of weather, animals, activities, foods, objects, sights and sounds — all great tools to help your child learn about spring.
4. If You Hold a Seed by Elly MacKay (3+)
This story is about a boy who discovers the magic of a seed when he plants it in the ground. But first it takes some sun and rain and plenty of waiting . . . and then some more waiting. A simple and beautiful book.
5. Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit: A Book of Changing Seasons by Il Sung Na (3 – 7 years)
This is a lovely book about animals from winter to spring. It is filled with rich illustrations, charming animals, and a simple, lyrical text. I love the artistry of this authors illustrations. They are so beautiful. My daughters favorite is the peeking crocodile — she giggles every time she see’s it.
6. The Sun Egg by Elsa Beskow (3+)
A special book that celebrates the oncoming of Spring. It makes my daughter and I want to dive into the world of make-believe. This is a classic that would make a nice, life-long edition to any child’s library.
7. Finding Spring by Carin Berger (4 – 8 years)
A heartwarming story about a little bear cub that goes out in search of spring–instead of hybernating—and he thinks he’s found it! Read along to look for spring along with Maurice in this magical tale. My daughter always gasps at the end.
8. It’s Spring by Samantha Berger (4 – 8 years)
A beautifully illustrated rhyming story about spring. My daughter has enjoyed this since she was a baby, and I’m sure she will still enjoy it by the time she reaches the publishers recommended age–haha!
9. In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb by Marion Dane Bauer (4+)
In this rhythmic story March enters a boy’s cozy home like a lion — but soon the lamb brings forth all the glories of spring.
10. The Story of the Butterfly Children by Sibylle von Olfers (4+)
A classic story that takes you through the life cycle of a butterfly in an imaginative and non-scientific way. It subtly teaches children the lifecycle of a butterfly in a way that preserves the awe, reverence, and magic of childhood. The children can’t wait until the first day of spring, when they will finally get their wings.
I hope you enjoy this magical collection of spring books for kids!
You may also like:
- Kids Books that Teach Important Life Lessons
- 10 Books to Help Kids Understand their Feelings
- 15 Books to Help Kids Manage Anger
- 10 Books Every Parent Should Read
Follow me on Pinterest to see all of the awesome kids’ books and extension activities I find in my searches!
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss the next post!
Latest posts by nell (see all)
- Flower Arranging Montessori Practical Life Activity for Kids - February 25, 2017
- DIY Rainbow Ribbon Fairy Wands for Kids - February 23, 2017
- Lucky Four Leaf Clover Nature Collage - February 22, 2017