Making a shell daisy nature craft is a fun way to turn shells from a family trip into a gorgeous keepsake gift.
Nature crafts like this are the perfect way to use all of the shells you find on your adventures and travels. We had some shell leis from a trip to Hawaii that we used to make this beautiful shell daisy.
While my daughter was making this as a gift for one of her grandma’s for Mother’s Day, I was making these DIY Shell Flowers for my husband for our fourth wedding anniversary.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
Shell Daisy Nature Craft
This Shell daisy nature craft is a fun fine motor activity for kids. Fine motor activities strengthen the hand for writing and more detailed hand work.
Once finished this shell daisy makes a wonderful gift for Mother’s Day, Christmas, and birthday’s!
Shell Daisy Nature Craft Materials
If you don’t already have a stash of shells you will have to dig into your supplies and/or go on a nature hunt. I don’t recommend buying twigs, stones, and shells unless you can’t find them. I have included affiliate links to supplies for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
- Shells (I cold not find them in white on Amazon so I used shells from shell leis.)
- Small stones
- Wood plaque
- Sanding sponge
- Turquios-Blue Liquid Watercolor (or any of these liquid watercolors)
- 1 inch flat wash watercolor brush
- Sanding sponge
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Craft glue
- Leaf green and bright yellow acrylic paint. (optional – to see how these look left natural see DIY Shell Flowers)
Shell Daisy Nature Craft Directions
1. Lightly sand wood plaque.
3. Apply a Mod Podge with a foam brush to seal and protect. Allow to dry.
5. Glue twig and stone to the wood plaque.
6. Draw a daisy around the stone using craft glue. (Don’t use a glue gun for this. The glue will dry too quickly.)
7. Arrange shells in craft glue to create daisy petals.
8. (Optional) Apply a coat of Mod Podge on top of your shell daisy nature craft to seal and protect.
Making a shell daisy nature craft is an excellent fine motor activity for both kids and adults. You can use shells collected on your daily adventures and vacations to make a special keepsake to treasure.
Once finished they make beautiful home decor and are a great gift idea for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, anniversary’s, birthday’s, or any other special occasion!
You May Also Like
- Shell Flower Nature Craft
- Shell Sunflower Craft
- DIY Shell Flowers
- Shell Frames with Handprint Keepsake Gift
- Stone and Shell Owl Craft
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- DIY Rainbow Colored Blocks