These home-baked fries are a delicious and easy to make family friendly food. They take about 25 minutes to prepare start to finish. My family is so addicted to them I make them as a side dish about once a week with fresh rosemary right out of our garden. Mmm–yummy!
You will need:
- 3-4 russet potatoes
- 1/8 – 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/8 – 1/4 c fresh or dried rosemary (optional)
- dash of paprika (optional)
I always just throw in the oil and seasonings without measuring them–so these measurements are approximate. Season to your liking and you can’t go wrong.
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into fries. I do this by cutting each potato into four slices, then turn the potato a 1/4 turn and cut 4 more slices to produce nice long fries. Next I cut the pieces that are too big in half lengthwise.
- In a large bowl toss cut potatoes, oil, and seasonings.
- Grease cookie sheet if not using a non-stick pan. The fries will stick to the pan if you don’t.
- Place on a cookie sheet doing your best to have all fries touching the pan to begin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip fries with spatula, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
Serve and enjoy!!
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Latest posts by nell (see all)
- DIY Monarch Butterfly Peg Dolls - May 16, 2017
- DIY Father’s Day Personalized Candle Holder Gift Idea - May 11, 2017
- Fun Ways to Celebrate the Summer Solstice - May 10, 2017