These home-baked fries are a delicious and easy to make family friendly food. They take about 25 minutes to prepare start to finish. My family is so addicted to them I make them as a side dish about once a week with fresh rosemary right out of our garden. Mmm–yummy!
You will need:
- 3-4 russet potatoes
- 1/8 – 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/8 – 1/4 c fresh or dried rosemary (optional)
- dash of paprika (optional)
I always just throw in the oil and seasonings without measuring them–so these measurements are approximate. Season to your liking and you can’t go wrong.
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into fries. I do this by cutting each potato into four slices, then turn the potato a 1/4 turn and cut 4 more slices to produce nice long fries. Next I cut the pieces that are too big in half lengthwise.
- In a large bowl toss cut potatoes, oil, and seasonings.
- Grease cookie sheet if not using a non-stick pan. The fries will stick to the pan if you don’t.
- Place on a cookie sheet doing your best to have all fries touching the pan to begin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip fries with spatula, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
Serve and enjoy!!