Today is the official start of week 2 of “Get Outside & Connect: A 52 Week Challenge.” How was last week? Did you create a nature journal? Did you get outside for at least 20 minutes a day? Feel free to share anything about last week in the comments below. I’d love to hear about your experiences or answer any questions you may have.
My daughter and I are really enjoying getting outside together now that the non-stop rains that we were experiencing in Northern California have abated. It’s been mostly sunny and warm so we have been going for walks with our dog, long plays at local parks, and have been enjoying what my family calls patio time in the late morning and early afternoon hours.
It gets sunny and warm on our back patio now that most of our trees have lost their leaves. My daughter likes to engage in all sorts of outdoor play with our plants, dogs, chickens, sand/water table and play structure–while I like to do yard work, handwork projects and crafts.
Get outside & connect activity week #2: Spy on squirrels
- Head on over to see Ranger Rick at Nature Wildlife Federation to pick up this awesome free printable Spy On Squirrels.
- Go out into your backyard or to a nearby park and have some fun spying on squirrels. Don’t forget your nature journal and your binoculars [if you have them. following is an affiliate link to the pair my daughter uses BARSKA 10×25 Compact Waterproof Binocular (Yellow)–she loves them]
- Come on back here and let us know how you rated yourself (See Ranger Rick printable) in the comments below.
See you outside!
Other articles in the Get Outside & Connect series:
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!
Latest posts by nell (see all)
- DIY Monarch Butterfly Peg Dolls - May 16, 2017
- DIY Father’s Day Personalized Candle Holder Gift Idea - May 11, 2017
- Fun Ways to Celebrate the Summer Solstice - May 10, 2017