30 Days Wild
The Wildlife Trusts’ My Wild Life campaign is asking people make nature a part of their daily lives for 30 days throughout the month of June. I thought it would be a good idea to include it in this series because we are near the middle of our 52 week challenge to Get Outside & Connect.
For those of you that don’t already know, the get outside & connect challenge is to get outside for at least 20 minutes every day in 2015 – no matter the weather.
Get Outside & Connect Activity Week #23 – Sign up for 30 Days Wild
The Wildlife Trusts’ is asking each of us to make nature a part of our lives and sign up to do something wild every day for the month of June. This should be easy for those of you that have committed to the 52 week challenge to get outside & connect because you’re already doing it! This is our chance to sign up to share our experiences and ideas with lots of other people.
My daughter and one of our dogs getting wild
Please note: Some of the information below has been paraphrased from the My Wild Life website and the documents they have sent to me.
When you sign up to 30 Days Wild, you’ll be sent a pack of goodies, including a booklet containing 30 Random Acts of Wildness – one for each day; a wallchart to pin up in your home or office or track your progress; and email blasts throughout the month full of inspiration. You’ll have the chance to measure how wild you are already, too, and see if that changes throughout the month.
Like the get outside & connect campaign, the Wildlife Trusts’ want to help people connect with the natural world around them. Research has shown that spending time in wild places can help you feel happier and healthier. The more people who make nature part of their life — the more people there will be to help protect and restore it.
My wild family – we get outside and connect daily – it’s our way of life
All you have to do for 30 days wild is spend time in nature every day for one month – this could be:
- Doing any of the 22 Get Outside & Connect Activities that have been published so far. [Click on the link to find out what they are.]
- Exploring somewhere wild nearby that you’ve never been before: local parks, nature reserves or churchyards are perfect.
- Taking a few seconds on the way to work or school to smell the flowers, investigate wild life, or hug a tree.
- Making your own all natural cleaning products and using less water – your local river will be happy, and so will you.
- Pampering yourself with a DIY all-natural face mask. Combining crushed mint leaves and honey, this ‘delicious’ beauty treatment will refresh your skin.
- Rewilding your family by banning all electronic items for a day – TVs, tablets, phones and computers are all out! Tune in to nature instead!
Does it matter if I miss a day?
We’d love it if you can do something wild every day, but 30 Days Wild is about helping you make room for nature in your life. Don’t worry – no one will tell if you miss a day.
The great thing about nature is that you can find it anywhere, so think about finding the wild in your life every single day. There are many ways to do this: ride a bike or walk to work, school, or the store; walk the dog; sit and relax and/or play outdoors; etc. Nature is always there waiting for you to discover it’s magic. Come enjoy it with us.
Photo Credit: Dollar Photo Club by Pakhnyushchyy