DIY Hand Painted Stained Glass Love Birds with Free Printable
Creating gorgeous stained glass effects with glass paint is super simple. If you like to color you will love this!
Both kids and adults will enjoy hand painting their own art windows and suncatchers using simple frames and glass paint. Anyone that can draw or trace can do this easy art project.
These hand painted glass paint love birds would make a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day and anniversaries.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this website!
DIY Hand Painted Stained Glass Love Birds with Free Printable Template
You can use these frames and glass paint to create these love birds, a heart tree or anything else you desire. There is no limit but the limits of your own imagination.
DIY Hand Painted Stained Glass Love Birds Supplies
- Ikea Tolsby Frame (any frame that you can paint the glass or plastic insert and display or hang will work)
- Glass Paint
- Glass paint outline tube (black)
- Paint brushes
- Free printable love bird template (for personal non-commercial use only–thank you!)
Love Birds pictured with DIY Glass Paint Heart Votive Candle Holder
DIY Glass Paint Heart Tree Directions
- Print the free printable love bird template or choose another design to print. You can also freehand your own art if you wish.
- Remove protective covering from both sides of one of the two clear plastic inserts that come with the Tolsby Frame.
- Tape the love birds to one of the clear plastic inserts. (If you make a mistake you can use the other, or you can make two designs and alternate them.)
- Use a black glass paint outline tube to trace your design.
- Allow black outline to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Use glass paint to color your design however you like. Painting with glass paint is a bit different than other paints. You want to load your brush with glass paint and dab it into the black outline to hold it. The more paint the better. If you brush it on you might not be able to see it once it dries. Make sure you use as much paint as you can for the lighter colors or they will be tough to see.
Both kids and adults will enjoy creating their own stained glass art windows and suncatchers using glass paint.
This DIY hand painted stained glass love birds would make a great gift idea for Valentine’s Day, weddings, and anniversaries.
You may also enjoy
The One Essential Tool You Need To Get Organized For Good!
Join the Rhythms of Play community to get organized, connect with your kids, and find the FREEDOM to do the things you LOVE!