This DIY butterfly tree makes a lovely addition to your home decor or summer nature table. They also make wonderful centerpieces.
My daughter loves decorating trees so much we have a tree for every season. We decorate a thankful tree in the Fall, an Easter tree in the spring, a Christmas tree in the winter, and this butterfly tree in the summer.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
DIY Butterfly Tree
Making a butterfly tree is an easy and fun way to add summer decor to your home. Kids love them! When I ran a daycare out of my home several years ago the butterfly tree was always a hit with the little ones.
DIY Butterfly Tree Supplies
- Small Branches or a Twig Tree
- Sand, pebbles, rocks, vase filler or whatever you’d like to fill the vase and hold the branches
- Butterflies, butterflies, and more butterflies
- Bees (optional)
DIY Butterfly Tree Directions
- Go on a nature hunt to collect some branches. Kids love this activity! If a nature hunt is not your thing, I have listed another option in “DIY Butterfly Tree Supplies” above.
- Leave branches natural or paint them white.
- Place branches in a vase.
- Add sand, pebbles, or vase filler to fill in spaces around branches.
- Glue pom poms onto the branches like we did on our Thankful Tree. (optional)
- Enjoy decorating your tree with butterflies, bees, dragonflies, and even birds if you like!
A butterfly tree adds a summer element to your home decor. It also makes a perfect centerpiece or a lovely addition to your summer nature table.
Also try DIY Butterfly Peg Dolls! Another fun and easy craft that uses these same types of butterflies.
You May Also Like:
- Butterfly Sensory Bottle
- Celebrate Summer
- Start Your Own Fairy Garden
- All Season Hand and Fingerprint Tree
- DIY Outside Art Table and Mud Kitchen