If you’re looking for a light and delicious gourmet salad look no further. The combination of apple and pomegranate create the perfect bitter-sweet blend that will excite your senses and have your whole family screaming for more. It’s so good even your kids will love it!
This post contains an affiliate link for your convenience.
Apple and Pomegranate Salad
This Apple and pomegranate salad is a refreshing alternative to your typical salad. We discovered this combination of ingredients in our garden one day and immediately fell in love! It’s light, clean burning, and makes a wonderful side dish for almost any meal.
Apple and Pomegranate Salad Ingredients:
- 1 Fuji Apple (Other apples also pair well but this is our favorite.)
- 1 Pomegranate
- Green leaf lettuce or spring mix (about 1 cup per bowl)
- Olive oil
- Chop lettuce and place in individual serving bowls.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the apple. Spread the apple slices on top of the lettuce in each bowl.
- Cut open the pomegranate and pluck the seeds out. Scatter the pomegranate seeds on top of the apples.
- Squeeze lemon on top and drizzle with olive oil.
Yes, it’s that simple! Serve with a meal and enjoy!
Tip: The lemon has the added effect of keeping the apples from turning brown. If you won’t be serving this salad right away, make sure you squeeze lemon on top of each exposed apple to keep your salads looking pretty.
This apple and pomegranate salad is light, refreshing, and easy to make. It’s a lovely alternative to your typical salad that the whole family will love.